Passed ICND1

jerry557jerry557 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got a 951 score.
It was easier than I thought it would be. I was a bit shocked I got to the last question and still had over 20 minutes to spare. But I over-studied and studied it longer than I intended. I also got really good at subnetting.

I used both Odom and Lammle's books. Boson practice tests. Udemy CCNA video course with Laz Diaz. Danscourses on YouTube. Lots of subnetting practice. Lots of labbing with Packet Tracer and GNS3. Also already had Network+.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Good job!
  • GeosonGeoson Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jerry557 wrote: »
    Got a 951 score.
    It was easier than I thought it would be. I was a bit shocked I got to the last question and still had over 20 minutes to spare. But I over-studied and studied it longer than I intended. I also got really good at subnetting.

I used both Odom and Lammle's books. Boson practice tests. Udemy CCNA video course with Laz Diaz. Danscourses on YouTube. Lots of subnetting practice. Lots of labbing with Packet Tracer and GNS3. Also already had Network+.

Hey Jerry, did you actually build a physical lab with routers and switches to practice your labs? I am planning to do the ICND1 before they update the exams after August 20th this year. But I really don't want to spend a few hundred to build a physical lab just to do the labs when I can use simulators. This is an entry level exam afterall. Also, where can you get the packet tracer and GNS3 for cheap price? I think those are useful.
    Thanks.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jerry557jerry557 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Geoson wrote: »
    Hey Jerry, did you actually build a physical lab with routers and switches to practice your labs? I am planning to do the ICND1 before they update the exams after August 20th this year. But I really don't want to spend a few hundred to build a physical lab just to do the labs when I can use simulators. This is an entry level exam afterall. Also, where can you get the packet tracer and GNS3 for cheap price? I think those are useful.
    Thanks.

A physical lab isn't really needed for CCNA. Packet Tracer will do most of what you need to practice with. Packet Tracer is free now, I believe. Someone posted a link to it in one of the other threads. It does have some quirks though. It doesnt seem to handle elections very well. But as long as you know what is supposed to happen, it's not a big deal.