next certification after GCIH

HiggsxHiggsx Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi.
I passed GCIH exam a few days ago. I'm looking forward to take another certification,but I can't decide which one to pick.
I have two targets. eCPPT and OSCP.

which one? someone here said that GCIH and eCPPT have much in common and thought about taking OSCP... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If your work will pay for SANS I'd ride that train as long as possible. SEC560/GPEN in that case in lieu of the OSCP.

Followed up by SEC660/GXPN or SEC542/GWAPT. Save the OSCP for when $ is tight since it's a lot cheaper.....
  • HiggsxHiggsx Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My employer paid for GCIH this year but they can't pay for another certification this year. In 2017 I can choose whatever training I want and they will pay for it.
    But until 2017 I want to spend some money to earn good certification.

I think OSCP is a good starting point
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OSCP isn't really a "starting" point since it can get deep quick, but I'd definitely recommend it if you want to practice pentesting. Go for it.
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you are about to reach 3 and 1/2 years of your career and had thought of getting CISSP. You can also go for the GISP then CISSP route. GISP is the same as CISSP except its under SANS. After passing CISSP at 3 and 1/2 year of your career, you had 9 months to submit your resume and stuff to get the CISSP certification. Going this route will allows you to get the CISSP once you hit your 4th year mark, shaving a few months can be useful if you had plans to move to a more challenging role.