CISA June 2016 Exam Experience and Results.

infosaginfosag Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have appeared for the June 2016 CISA Exam and I realised the exam didnt cover most of the topics and as usual like most of us I am clueless about my answers because the options to each question were very tricky and was difficult to conclude which was the correct answer as per ISACA. Also, this is the first time I appeared for CISA.

About me I have 5+ years experience in Infosec field executing all types of projects, technical and ISO/ITGC audits.

Request all members to share their June 2016 exam experience and we shall use this thread for results too.

Comments

• RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's about the same experience as I had in 2013 for the CISA. And June 2016 CISM. "How'd you do?" "Honestly, I have no idea"
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • abhi8483abhi8483 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would sum up my experience as , It came and it went away.

I reached centre in time and got seated. Then the few anxious moments when you have the question paper in hand and wait for clock to strike 9.

When paper started , I did every question to the best of my wit and intelligence.

But really have no idea about my performance . I was getting 80+ in most online tests. Prepared from CISA review manual and some online stuff.

Really dont have an idea regarding passing or failing .

Fingers crossed.
  • piranetuspiranetus Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam in Orlando. When my wife asked me how I did, I said "I don't feel bad. I don't feel good. I have no feelings on this exam. I have no idea how I did."

Now for the waiting...
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    piranetus wrote: »
    I just took the exam in Orlando. When my wife asked me how I did, I said "I don't feel bad. I don't feel good. I have no feelings on this exam. I have no idea how I did."

Now for the waiting...

Yeah? Room 202 or 204?
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • piranetuspiranetus Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah? Room 202 or 204?

I don't remember. Whichever room was the first half of the alphabet.
  • chellexchellex Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone, also took CISA on Saturday. I found it to be a very strange exam, nothing like my experience for CISM last December. The questions were plain weird and didn't resemble much of what was on the QAE database from ISACA. I honestly couldn't make a call as to whether I've passed or failed - I've never felt so numb about an exam in my life icon_sad.gif
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chellex wrote: »
    Hi everyone, also took CISA on Saturday. I found it to be a very strange exam, nothing like my experience for CISM last December. The questions were plain weird and didn't resemble much of what was on the QAE database from ISACA. I honestly couldn't make a call as to whether I've passed or failed - I've never felt so numb about an exam in my life icon_sad.gif

Seems to be a growing sentiment within the community...
  • Futuristic AuditorFuturistic Auditor Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been following the forum for years now and finally joined today. CONGRATS TO MY FELLOW CISAs!!! Just the optimism we need now.

So, I took the CISA exam on saturday for the first time, and nothing could have prepared me for this exam. Upon starting the exam, I had to switch my strategy immediately. I did a run-through of the 150 questions and answered about half that I knew the answers to. And then did a second run-through on the other questions that seemed tricky. I finished on time but left the exam with so much uncertainty and anxiety.

So basically, I prepared as follow:
    1. 101 hours of the QAE DB question. Ran through that 4 times. Averaged score was I think 80% and average trending was 100%.

2. Briefly read the manual and used mainly to reference concepts such as digital certificate.

After answering all the exam questions, I went back and counted about 5 questions from the DB that were weirdly or pool worded. I was hoping that more DB questions would appear. I have five years of compliance/ IT audit experience and currently cybersecurity consulting. I am just praying eveyone did so poorly that when ISACA adjust the raw score, it would push many test takers over the 450 mark. :):):)
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been following the forum for years now and finally joined today. CONGRATS TO MY FELLOW CISAs!!! Just the optimism we need now.

So, I took the CISA exam on saturday for the first time, and nothing could have prepared me for this exam. Upon starting the exam, I had to switch my strategy immediately. I did a run-through of the 150 questions and answered about half that I knew the answers to. And then did a second run-through on the other questions that seemed tricky. I finished on time but left the exam with so much uncertainty and anxiety.

So basically, I prepared as follow:
    1. 101 hours of the QAE DB question. Ran through that 4 times. Averaged score was I think 80% and average trending was 100%.

2. Briefly read the manual and used mainly to reference concepts such as digital certificate.

After answering all the exam questions, I went back and counted about 5 questions from the DB that were weirdly or pool worded. I was hoping that more DB questions would appear. I have five years of compliance/ IT audit experience and currently cybersecurity consulting. I am just praying eveyone did so poorly that when ISACA adjust the raw score, it would push many test takers over the 450 mark. :):):)

Are you from the states?
  • kanecain1981kanecain1981 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely good to see that the CISA folks had the same issues as us CRISC guys. The wording of the questions was very unconventional. They also heavily used run-on-sentences and other confusing grammar tactics.
  • SecExpertSecExpert Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat for the June 2016 CISA exam last Saturday. I entered the exam hall very confident, after having studied for about 5 months prior to the exam and covered the entire 999 QAE DB questions several times. I also have a 4+ years experience in Information Security and have my CISSP.

I must say this is the first exam I have taken that I came out not knowing whether to rejoice or be sad. It was tougher than I envisaged with most questions having options, which looked very similar. I could count only about less than 10 questions that were quite similar to the QAE DB questions. However, I must say due to the depth of study I took, no terminology was completely new to me. Honestly, I found my CISSP easier than CISA.

Hoping for the best!
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Are you from the states?

Yeah, US.
  • nelsonvivar02nelsonvivar02 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am planning to take CISA certification this December 2016.
    Would like to ask someone who is selling their review manuals?
    Thank you.
  • aggie24aggie24 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ SecExpert.

What prep do you suggest now that you've taken the exam.
  • imtiazdbblimtiazdbbl Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    same experience from me also. Before start the exam I was confident about my self because I have completed 4 times CISA QAE DB and my score was more than 85%. But when I have started the exam I was surprised about the QAE DB. No question is related to this QAE. Even QAE didn't help to guess any question answer. But I have put 150 answers because I have completed the CISA book. So I have to wait until result publish. chance is 50/50.
  • skipharrisskipharris Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL, I feel the same exact way! I don't feel too confident, but I don't feel I did terrible either
  • krucial85krucial85 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I guess I don't feel so bad now. Well not really. I took the exam this June and I cruised through the test but I didn't really feel confident as I answered the questions. I'm not one to go back and look at questions that I'm not sure about. I just read and re-read the question and make my best attempt. That's how I take tests. I feel that either I know it or I don't. That strategy has worked so far but this test I'm not really sure. I guess I'll know by July 15th. Good luck to all that took the test this June.
    "The way to succeed is never quit. That's it. But be really humble about it."
  • infosaginfosag Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lets hope for the best !!

Its just a week away.

Wish all the test takers in June 16..... Good Luck !! :)
  • chellexchellex Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do all of you fellow CISA June exam takers reckon we'll have results this day next week (Thursday)?
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Friday. Results always start trickling out on Friday
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Friday. Results always start trickling out on Friday
    yes around 6:30 GMT
    Hey guys,

Please if you see your score tomorrow, please share. Am so anxious. So I am hoping for great news :)
  • abhi8483abhi8483 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results will come by 15th July, considering the 5 weeks timelines
  • jipiijipii Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's all I think about now :) how are y'all faring? Few more days to go icon_thumright.gif
    I purchased the ISACA exam prep book that had hundreds of questions and the CISA study guide by David Cannon. I studied these for about 4 months and felt as though I new how to audit and pass the exam. I guess we'll see how well I did in the next couple of days.icon_rolleyes.gif
  • howlowcanig0howlowcanig0 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about that fire alarm? Gotta love walking down 18 flights of stairs, lol.
  • mubashir@engineer.commubashir@engineer.com Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used ISACA CRM and 999 Questions DB for June 2016 CISA exam. For domain 5 ( Protection of Information Assets) I took help from official material of CEH. In My practice tests I scored on average 85 %.
    The exam started at exact 9:00 am. Nice to see 150 questions in exam, I ran through the questions and answered all questions in my first run which I was sure about almost 75 questions. 60 Questions I have to do in my 2nd run. In the third run 15 questions were left for which I have to have a smart guess. Exam was strange. I finished it in 3 hour 30 minutes. I passed CISM in Dec 2015 with the score of 508. I think this time my CISA exam was better than my CISM ((Dec. 2015). Honestly speaking I am keeping my fingers cross and can not 100 % say I will pass. Hopping for best on 15th July 2016 for result
  • 1234qwert43211234qwert4321 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NEH!!!!!! The wait for results is almost over.. got to be any day now! Looking back at past release dates I think Friday may be the best bet, but not a sure thing. May come before or shortly after. I think that we can be certain that they would release the results before the 7/22 deadline for registering for the Sept test. Looks like in 6/2015 results came in mid day Saturday exactly 5 weeks after the exam, but some prior years they came in earlier. It will be nice to have closure on this one way or the other so I can figure out what the rest of the year is going to look like.
    That WAS a mess. lol.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Friday; results always start rolling out on Friday......