Passed Security+

RitualRitual Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
My third CompTIA certification in the last 4 months and the last!

Passed with a 820 even though I rushed into the exam date due to work obligations.

Materials used. Professor Messer videos with his course notes. Logical Operations Ebook and video course. Transcender practice exams. CompTIA objective's printout. Total time around 3 weeks with a few hours each night.

The test is not that hard honestly, but I did just recently take the A+ and Network+ exams so that definitely helped.

The only other material I wanted to read was Gibson's Security+ book but never got around to purchasing it. Turns out I didn't need it. Good luck to everyone currently preparing for the exam. The simulations are pretty straight forward with maybe only one that I had to spend a few minutes deciphering what it was asking me to do.
2016 goals - eJPT, MCSA Windows 10, something Linux

Comments

• TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome thanks for the pointers!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • alld0wnh1llalld0wnh1ll Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Likewise, I just passed as well. I have no prior IT experience, except, being familiar with basic networking. I used Security + Get Certified Get Ahead by Darril Gibson and Professor Messer. A couple of the PBQs were tricky to me because I had no prior experience. Make sure understand Pretty Good Privacy well and the hashing and encryption process of sending a message. The test is not impossible. I think the most important is knowing the acronyms and having a good grasp of the English language because some of those questions are designed to trick you.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • 812tk812tk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratson passing
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • texaspride05texaspride05 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed my Sec+ today and moving on to CCNT and CCNA. I also have two CASP vouchers and will tackle that beast later this year. Such a relief passing the exam, took me a second go around.

V/r
    Russ
  • RitualRitual Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed my Sec+ today and moving on to CCNT and CCNA. I also have two CASP vouchers and will tackle that beast later this year. Such a relief passing the exam, took me a second go around.

V/r
    Russ

Congrats!
    2016 goals - eJPT, MCSA Windows 10, something Linux