Is it ok to study for the 901 and 902 separately?

G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
My plan is to study for these exams individually, which doesn't seem to be the common method of studying for the A+. Is this a safe thing to do? I dont want to get snagged by overlap of the exams. I just feel this would be the best option for me personally. Anyone who has taken the 901/02 that can shed some light on whether this is safe to do, please do reply.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, there will also be plenty of stuff from 901 on 902
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    You can, but I wouldn't recommend it. The material in both exams go hand in hand. I was using the Official Cert Guide and most chapters had objectives for both. I can't imagine skipping around that much. I'd just bite the bullet and dive into both at once. Not to sound like a jerk, but it will get you ready for the big boy exams you'll be shooting for later on.
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    ok thanks for the responses, I will take your advice, I think what I will do is study for both exams but during the time of booking concentrate more on the 901 stuff, take the 901 then go back and review the 902. I have CBT Nuggets, Pluralsight, and Mike Meyers videos (not forgetting pro messer) Also have the Exam Cram book.
  • mitchflossinmitchflossin Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what it's worth, I studied for them separately and had no problems. I took the 901 first, then the 902.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A guy I work with studied for them both separately and passed both on the first attempt. He said that was the best way to do it.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"