Options

Need advice badly

Jones87Jones87 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I took my network+ exam this morning and got 700/720. Very disappointing. More so because one of my simulation questions malfunctioned and wouldn't allow me to interact in any way with it. It has been brought to my attention that this simulation probably would have gotten me a passing score. I have brought up a ticket with comptia and no word yet. The testing center when I brought it up sorta said tough tatas. Has anyone ever heard of comptia fixing scores for mistakes like this? 😠

Comments

• Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never heard of anything like that happening but I doubt they will give you a passing score due to a malfunctioning simulation because there would be no way of them knowing for sure that you would have answered that question correctly and passed the exam. What they SHOULD do and hopefully will do for you is allow you to re-take the exam for free. The testing centers really have no control over any of it so their response doesn't surprise me. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I hope it works out for you!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    This happened to a friend of mine when he tool the Security+. He did not really need to do the simulations to pass based on his score but it is not like he knew that at the time. He contacted the proctor, not sure what she did but he eventually finished.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have found over the years that taking these exams to be harder than learning the material contained within. I understand the frustration with a malfunction but there is only so long you should allow yourself to play the "what if" card, reschedule the exam and knock that bad boy down to it knees.

Truth is the more tests you take the easier the next exam becomes. You've seen the process, seen behind the curtain, you know what and what not to expect on the exam.

Be prepared and perhaps ready to seek out a little revenge.

Good luck!

- b/eads
  • Options
    lodis86lodis86 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You'll get it next time. Take more practice tests and focus on the questions that really stumped you, now that you've seen them.
  • Options
    dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Interesting. I really hope they let you do a retake. Buuuuuut you can't put all them blame on them. There were several opportunities/questions that would have gotten you a passing score if you were more prepared. I would recommend studying more so that you're not sitting on the pass/fail fence.
  • Options
    khemist49khemist49 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    something similar happened to me as well, except when i would select one field in the simulations, it would reset every other field. i opened a ticket with comptia as well, no word from them yet.

i also failed with a 700...