Passed Network+ Today

CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went into the test thinking that it was going to be hard because of what everyone was saying (30% pass rate). However, this test was surprisingly easy. Maybe I got lucky and got an easy test? Anyways, I passed 816/900 and I've now completed the CompTIA trio.

Main resources used:
uCertify N10-006
CBT Nuggets N10-006
Transcender Practice Exam (via CBTNuggets)

Secondary resources used:

Glen E Clarke N10-006
Professor Messer N10-006
Kevin Wallace N10-006 Video Course (via Safari Books)
GCGA Network+ App (Used for acronyms)

Advice
Remember that it's a CompTIA exam. It's a mile wide and an inch deep. But it isn't a hard test if you cover the basics.
Know your acronyms (Use the GCGA Network+ app)
Know your CLI tools

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Congrats CertifiedMonkey!
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the advice!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone.

I also forgot to mention the GCGA Network+ app that I bought for $7.99. The app has all of the acronyms and the definitions for each. It saved me from having to create the flash cards for each acronym myself (probably would have taken a few hours). It also has practice tests and flash cards for each domain, but I mostly used it for the acronyms.
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm convinced anyone who passes N10-006 is able to do anything if they put their mind to it. I passed my first cert every which was N10-006 in April of this year, and am on course for gaining my CCNA on July 8th hopefully! Best of luck to you in your journeys.
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • lodis86lodis86 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□