Options

Worth additional airline fees?

steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
I was already set to take a trip this week with prepaid tickets. However, a job I recently inquired about has scheduled me for an interview the same date of my flight. Would you risk the additional airline fees for the interview?

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I have no idea what your situation is. I guess it depends on the kind of job you're interviewing for and what you're current situation is. Also, when they called to schedule you for an interview, did you bring up the fact that you were jumping on a plane that day and let them know your other available times? You shouldn't just cancel a trip for an interview. Most companies understand that people have things going on that they can't necessarily drop on a dime and usually work to schedule your interview around that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    They never called. They sent an email with a scheduled time and date. There was no way to choose a time and date on the notice.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Just email back saying "Sorry, I'll be on a plane during that time. Could we reschedule for XYZ date/time? K thx"
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Interviews are not unilateral. It has to work for both parties. As Iris said, go back to them with a "sorry, you shouldn't blindly make use of my time as you please" message. Well, that but a bit more polite icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Interviews are not unilateral. It has to work for both parties. As Iris said, go back to them with a "sorry, you shouldn't blindly make use of my time as you please" message. Well, that but a bit more polite icon_smile.gif
    I did exactly that this morning. I'm patiently awaiting their response.