The cramming begins

MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Finally scheduled my 70-417 exam for July 15th. I wanted to go on the 22nd, but of course there were no slots available at my local testing site after that date. Now I'll have to lab the daylights out of everything and read as much as I can in the next 2.5 weeks. I have a feeling that time will absolutely fly by and the 15th will be here before I know it.

Comments

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes it will fly by quick... but remember don't stress yourself out to much, and get some rest too. I know i have the same problem studying so much that i forgot some things during exams. That why this time around I'm taking it slow on studying and going over things.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'll get as much rest as a guy with a toddler and a 2 month old can get. Oh and I have a wife too. She likes to talk. Alot. :) Thanks for the good wishes, I'm hoping that I can keep up my studying so I can hit that schedule date with no problems.
  • TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    Curious what hardware are you using for labbing. Care to share?
    Basically I'm using the virtual machines on microsofts MVA site as well as virtual box on my i7 powered laptop for a smaller scale test. I'd love to get some actual server equipment to put in some hardcore labbing, but alas, wife, 2 kids, yelling, yada yada yada. But if I were, it would probably be a Dell R710.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck.

I am doing the same thing right now.

Having kids def makes it harder to cram. Lots of late night labs.
    Yes kids do make it far more difficult, especially those late night feedings and bed times that take forever so I cannot focus on the studying. Of course, then I'm exhausted and just go to bed as soon as I can because i know I'll be up in a few hours. At least I have the time to do some studying at work as well during my downtime.
    have to agree on the whole kids thing. I try to be in bed by 10 after getting home from working out. Still stay up until about 12 and that's that's if I could get some study time in. the distractions like phone, noise from kids.. Try to have software music playing in the background but that some times put me to sleep... Guess just keep pushing all you could do.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I'm jumping in now a prepping for my first MCSA 70-410 test.
    USr1deMC wrote: »
    Good Luck! I'm jumping in now a prepping for my first MCSA 70-410 test.

At this point, I would highly recommend buying your voucher and get the booster pack with 4 extra retakes. You can schedule it a few months out if need be, but I'd probably go ahead and do that now so you can lock in the lower cost and make sure you can use those booster packs in case you fail once or twice.
    Yes that's a great idea... I know i'm buying mine the first week of july, and scheduling my exam towards the end of the month.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*