Options

A+ certified!

xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I passed the 220-801 on March 2, 2016 and took 220-802 last night. icon_cheers.gif On both, I thought I was doing worse than I actually did. Passed each with 800 or higher! I've been working in IT for 6-7 years, so that definitely made a difference.

My primary study resource was TestOut by LabSim (provided by WGU for my degree program). I found it to be well made and helpful, with informative video lectures (which you can speed up, thank goodness) reinforced with fact sheets, followed by test labs. Great system.

I also used the practice exams at ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams, which were terrific.

Finally, I used the book A+ Certification for Dummies 3rd Edition. It was somewhat helpful - pretty text-heavy, but good info. In my case, it probably wasn't worth the $15 I spent on it, since I tend to learn more from lectures and hands-on practice. But it was good to have an additional resource to help flesh out questions I had - I should have checked it out from the library. icon_study.gif

As has been stated many times in these forums, I recommend attacking your studies from different directions using different resources.

HTH!
A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+

Comments

• Options
    dave1227dave1227 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! TestOut is great material.
  • Options
    THE1TariantTHE1Tariant Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy i used messer and crucial as well helped me a lot i am going for the network + next wish me luck
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TrustyJTrustyJ Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good going on passing exams before the 800 series retired. You mention that you have already been working in the IT field. Will this cert have the pleasure of getting you a raise?
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Definitely a wonderful feeling, especially having to pass two exams!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. You gotta start somewhere!
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Welcome to the fun house!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever