Good book resources for PTPv4

TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm going to be signing up for PTPv4. Wanted some opinions on good resources to further my knowledge while I take this course on.

I have the Hacking The Art of Exploitation. Any other recommendations?
These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you are going to sign up for the PTPv4 course you should do it before the end of the month and the promotion expires.

eLearnSecurity does a great job in putting together a complete package so that you have all the materials and resources you need to pass the cert so additional resources are unnecessary. I encourage you to actually go through the PTPv4 coursework first before you go out and buy additional resources unless you are just trying to filling up your bookshelf.

Good books on the subject:
    Gray Hat Hacking The Ethical Hacker's Handbook, Fourth Edition
    Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
    The Hacker Playbook 1 & 2: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't started the PPTv4 training yet, but the last book I read was Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking. The author has a course on Cybrary that follows the book so you can check out the videos before buying the book.
  • chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At the end of each set of slides they cite their sources and references, so you can pickup the actual book if you would like to delve deeper into the topic.