Options

Prepping for SND-advice for VPN setup

DixieWreckedDixieWrecked Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I have read the entire Secur 642-501 book in preparation for the SND exam. I purchased the book last year, before they killed the exam in '05 LOL. I couldn't really find anything better to use to study for 642-551

I am also using cisco press flash cards.
I've been playing around a lot in my lab with the IOS CBAC, IDS and lots of ACLs. As well as my pix 501.

I think the topic I am a little weak on is VPNs. I understand how IPSEC operates in theory etc (all the terminology), I just have no clue how to set it up. The Secur 501 book is a hard read for this. Does anyone know of an online tutorial for VPN setup? I have a bunch of routers here, I could simulate a WAN connections needs be

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    If you take a look at ciscos website there is alot of information regarding configuration of vpn's and what not. I wanted to read about DMVPN and founds loads of information on the theory and configuration of it.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here's the Example I used when I was first confused during the CCNP. The entire doc may help you, but the link takes you directly to the example. I downloaded the entire book-level PDF and found it very useful during the CCSP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DixieWreckedDixieWrecked Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, thanks for the responses. I do have an old CCNP Sybex Complete book I got last year. Maybe I'll check that out
    mikej412 wrote:
    Here's the Example I used when I was first confused during the CCNP. The entire doc may help you, but the link takes you directly to the example. I downloaded the entire book-level PDF and found it very useful during the CCSP.
    Mike, Thanks for the link! Quick question: If I follow that configuration in the link you sent me, that will only setup one side of the VPN right? So I'll have to configure another router with the same exact info in order to communicate via IPSEC?

Thanks
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Quick question: If I follow that configuration in the link you sent me, that will only setup one side of the VPN right? So I'll have to configure another router with the same exact info in order to communicate via IPSEC?
    Yep -- only the IPs/Peer will be different. The access list "flips" and should be the "mirror image" ..... good to know and remember for troubleshooting.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!