Exam today!!

ChannaChanna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got exam today at 3pm!! Don't think i'll pass cos I found lots of stuff quite difficult to understand, esp. the networking stuff, with dhcp and all that icon_sad.gif Its a real weak point for me cos I got no practical experience of networks and have no equipment to practice on. Hoping I'll scrape through today with a pass. Also hoping I'll get lucky with the questions!

Anyway, good luck me!!

Comments

• elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    Channa wrote:
    Got exam today at 3pm!! Don't think i'll pass cos I found lots of stuff quite difficult to understand, esp. the networking stuff, with dhcp and all that icon_sad.gif Its a real weak point for me cos I got no practical experience of networks and have no equipment to practice on. Hoping I'll scrape through today with a pass. Also hoping I'll get lucky with the questions!

Anyway, good luck me!!

Then i think u should have reschedule ur exam until ur ready

OS tend to be the harder of the two
    stonecold26.jpg
  • ChannaChanna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed!! I managed to muddle through and got a 642. I already got a 759 in the core so now I'm a CompTIA A+ Certified professional! or perhaps just certified. Or certifiable :D

Had a few hardware questions, but not as many as other people have had. about 6-7% i'd say.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, Channa!

Yep, A+ certification exams are not intended to be "aced". A+ exams are not intended to show that you are a completely accomplished PC tech. They are intended to show that you have the knowledge of a technician with 500 hours of practical experience(that's about 3 months). At least that is what CompTIA used to say on the A+ site. I don't know what claims they make now. But, your score is close to or as good as average.

Now, go out there and get that experience that matches you certification!

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • ChannaChanna Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I shall go forth and conquer!!

Anyway, now that I got all this studying out of the way I can get back to playing computer games :D
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.