Options

New IT Job coming soon.

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
Today is my last day at the contract job I am at now. Unfortunately I did not get a spot in Georgia like I had planned. Internally a employee was going to be something else, but then took the last Desk job. I have the emails and have corresponded with HR on the company's side... I am not going to give up on going to Georgia, the time just is not right... (Im a believer in if it is meant to be it will happen). So as of next week I will be back on the job market.

Can any of you all offer any tips to get off the market quickly? I know I am going to update my resume, add and change my references, and add what I did at this job to it. I just do not want to leave this job then go 6 months without a main job (it has happened before).

Honestly I am a bit worried because my SO does not work... So everything is on me to make the money, and keep a roof over our heads etc... I know I can do it!!
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can you contact the recruiter who set you up with this contract to see if there is another?
  • Options
    Already did that and got no reply.
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    You should just recruiter their office. Send tons of unsolicited email to the people who work there and ask if they have any exciting or challenging opportunities in your area.
  • Options
    Honestly I just got done sending a mass email and CCied a bunch of people.... I like the organization and how its run and I really wont hate to leave them...
  • Options
    That's a good idea! I was actually kidding, but you seem like you did it in a constructive way!
  • Options
    No reply yet, but I know I will get a reply from someone.
    I emailed the guy that recruited me for the contract and his manager.... and asked if they had another contract available that I was a good fit for... and please let me know about anything they have.