Has anyone ever been called out on for having certifications?

2»

Comments

• TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I remember back in the day when I was interviewing for a network admin and the interviewer told me that "a CCNA is nothing, we have people who are multiple CCIE". Of course the CCNA certification is not of the same caliber of CCIE, but damn, talk about a discouraging interviewer...

I've been on both sides of the table, and I find regardless of the skill level of the interviewee, we should never discourage them, in fact, encourage them to do better, even if we don't end up hiring.

Keep working at it and I am sure one day, it will be a whole different experience :)
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    There will be people that will put you down since they dont have any certs. Usually those people does not have a higher cert or the same cert as you. At the end of the day, IT is a very small world. You will never know who will be your boss the next time you/they look for a job. Usually, the guys that have certs move up faster than the guy that do not. Also, usually, the guys that have certs goes for the top certs at the end, CCIE, CISSP, OSCP, etc. and then higher education such as masters, or mba. Thus, they become the manager/boss.

Dont let those guys put you down. I like those guys though. The more you put me down, the more i want to study and be successful.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    These people are usually racist as well.

Well that escalated quickly.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    There will be people that will put you down since they dont have any certs. Usually those people does not have a higher cert or the same cert as you. At the end of the day, IT is a very small world. You will never know who will be your boss the next time you/they look for a job. Usually, the guys that have certs move up faster than the guy that do not. Also, usually, the guys that have certs goes for the top certs at the end, CCIE, CISSP, OSCP, etc. and then higher education such as masters, or mba. Thus, they become the manager/boss.

Dont let those guys put you down. I like those guys though. The more you put me down, the more i want to study and be successful.

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!! your certs are not worth the paper they are printed on!!!! you think your the best huh!!! HUH!!!! drop and give me 50!!!! lol jk....icon_lol.gif

I can't put you down... you are awesome.icon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!! your certs are not worth the paper they are printed on!!!! you think your the best huh!!! HUH!!!! drop and give me 50!!!! lol jk....icon_lol.gif

I can't put you down... you are awesome.icon_cheers.gif

"If you would attain to what you are not yet, you must always be displeased by what you are. For where you are pleased with yourself there you have remained. Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing." Saint Augustine
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    "If you would attain to what you are not yet, you must always be displeased by what you are. For where you are pleased with yourself there you have remained. Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing." Saint Augustine

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios