Another WGU Graduate--BS IT-Security

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
I like to share the news that I just received a passing grade on my Capstone Project. This passing grade means that I am done with a B.S. in IT Security. YeeHAW!

....A month rest, and on to MSISA!!! Feeling really good now.
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome man! You are much more ambitious than I... I waited 6 months to start my MSISA program there. Just keep in mind that it's no longer called the MSISA, it's the MSCIA - Master's in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. That is, of course, if you are continuing at WGU. Here is the comparison of the two programs' classes:

MSISA
    Current and Emerging Technology
    Cyberlaw, Regulations and Compliance
    Hacking Countermeasures and Techniques
    Cryptography
    Ethical Hacking
    Vulnerability Assessment
    Forensics and Network Intrusion
    Security Policies and Standards – Best Practices
    Risk Management
    Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
    Information Security and Assurance Capstone Project

MSCIA
    Cyberwarfare
    Risk Management
    Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance
    Secure Network Design
    Security Policies and Standards - Best Practices
    Secure Software Design
    Ethical Hacking
    Forensics and Network Intrusion
    Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
    Information Security and Assurance Capstone Project

As you can see, there are a few differences. What is nice though, is that the new program still includes the CEH and CHFI certifications. Best of luck! You will see that the TaskStream assignments are MUCH more challenging, but it felt awesome to finally complete everything.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much!! I am moving on to MS degree because my momentum is still at peak level. Are you from Lodi? Really? I lived in Livermore for awhile....and played poker once or twice a week in the area.
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    Awesome man!
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Haha, my first job was CompUSA in Pleasanton. I actually grew up in San Lorenzo, but I do live in Lodi now. After living in the Bay Area for 20 years, I had to move to the Central Valley. I've lived in cities from Hilmar to Lodi, and most of the cities in-between for the past 15 years.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey man congrats! :)
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!! That is a great accomplishment :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Love to back in that area again....I am missing it.
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    Haha, my first job was CompUSA in Pleasanton. I actually grew up in San Lorenzo, but I do live in Lodi now. After living in the Bay Area for 20 years, I had to move to the Central Valley. I've lived in cities from Hilmar to Lodi, and most of the cities in-between for the past 15 years.
    Thank you everyone....now I can concentrate on looking for a place to call home. My job now is getting too easy lolz
  • supafish9supafish9 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Any advice for someone that's looking to be starting in August?
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    supafish9 wrote: »

Or day after tomorrow? :D

Congrats on wrapping it up
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    .hahah...need to celebrate w/ bang bang..fireworks this weekend first :)
    jcundiff wrote: »
    Or day after tomorrow? :D

Congrats on wrapping it up
    This is from me and others may feel differently. When I was in boot camp, our company commander forced us to study all the time except sleeping time.

Based on that example, use your time wisely and schedule everything with a purpose to study. Moreover, have a target date to start or complete your classes and you can set this up on your front page of the student portal. As for me, I enrolled one class at a time and have a target date to finish either one, two, or three weeks.

When doing your assignments, use Quizlet to build your library and google to search for whatever and read read read....and read some more. I hope these helps.

supafish9 wrote: »
  • supafish9supafish9 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice, yellowpad. Were you going in with IT experience or starting fresh while taking the classes?