How long is average honeymoon period?

kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
When big company buy a small company, how long they keep IT staff? 12 month? 24 month?
I know it can vary but i want to hear your experience.

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Big buying small, as little as 6 months to be honest, it depends however. Large on large, the transition is much longer. If the company is truly small I would say 6 months tops before you start to see movement.
  • kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Both publicly traded in nasdaq. Fortune 1000 company bought out 4000 employee size company.
  • Matt2Matt2 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Might also depend on what your responsibilities are, if they can be done remotely easily, or if the offices are consolidated.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depends on how in demand your skillsets are and how specialized your knowledge. If your knowledge is very specialized and difficult to replace the worst that will happen is that you will spend about 6 months training someone to do half of what you know.

If your easily replaced, your likely to be replaced anyhow but we always hope management gives us some sort of fore warning before hand.

Good luck! Polish up the resume and remember the best people generally leave first. icon_wink.gif

- b/eads
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was duplicate employee of one that was from they buying company and no matter who was better he wasn't going anywhere. I made it almost a year.