Cisco Live 2016

joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
We're less than two months out now. Anyone else heading out this year?

Comments

• gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was hoping my company would send me out again this year but from the looks of it I don't think they will. I might try to bring it up and hopefully they will consider sending me again :).
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yep. I'll be there. Hopefully we'll see each other before the last day this time, Joel :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    haha, indeed, Iris. Maybe even get an Engineering Deathmatch scheduled while we're there. I know they've started recording Season 2. ;)

Gregorio, good luck on convincing them, I know I learned a ton last year, and this year it looks like I'm getting long lunch breaks (10-1) every day, which makes for some good gambling time, or hitting up restaurants for early lunch before they're busy. Maybe I'll get a chance to try Nobu now.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I might make it this year. Already booked, but might have an international travel project overlap.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Will be there this year again.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    A friend of mine and I are thinking of renting a big suite at the Mandalay and having a "Lab Suite." Set up a server, some crazy topologies, and maybe the "drunk config" game makes an appearance :P Anyways, hit me up on PM if anyone who is going wants to hang out and have some clean fun labbing. I'll probably make some fun security ones while the other guy does his R&S ones.

@Joel - Jason Lunde is coming this year. I already told him that it's on :P At the very very very least, we'll all be hanging out at the CCIE party this year. We definitely owe him a drink for that
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Hey everyone. Not sure if you guys remember me :) I was quite active here a long time ago when I took the CCIE RS. Recently I became the 2nd person in my country to get CCDE certified. I'll be going to Cisco Live in Vegas. If you want to talk to me about the CCDE or just hang out, I'll see you there!

I've already made plans to meet with some of the people here and if Jason is going I'll have to try to catch him as well :)

See you guys!

Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149/CCDE #20160011
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Not sure if you guys remember me :) I was quite active here a long time ago when I took the CCIE RS. Recently I became the 2nd person in my country to get CCDE certified. I'll be going to Cisco Live in Vegas. If you want to talk to me about the CCDE or just hang out, I'll see you there!

I've already made plans to meet with some of the people here and if Jason is going I'll have to try to catch him as well :)

See you guys!

Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149/CCDE #20160011

Hi Daniel. It's Katherine - We chatted the other day on Slack :) Yes, Jason is coming and we're getting him drunk. Want to join? We should have our mutual friend SteveO come along too.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Hi Daniel. It's Katherine - We chatted the other day on Slack :) Yes, Jason is coming and we're getting him drunk. Want to join? We should have our mutual friend SteveO come along too.

Hey Katherine. I thought that was you :)

I'll try to join but I don't know yet what's going on in the evenings. I usually have a Cisco dinner one evening, then there's the CCIE party and the CAE etc so hopefully we find something that works out :) Or we'll combine them somehow.

It would be great to meet with Steve again. See you there!
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done on the CCDE, Daniel! That's amazing.
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Well done on the CCDE, Daniel! That's amazing.

Thanks! What are you up to these days? :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, Daniel. I think all of us have probably seen news of that somewhere (twitter, slack, etC). Impressive work, as even the written on that one is brutal from what I've heard.
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, Daniel. I think all of us have probably seen news of that somewhere (twitter, slack, etC). Impressive work, as even the written on that one is brutal from what I've heard.

Thanks! I have a pretty good reach so most people have probably seen it somewhere.

The written really took me by surprise. First time I took it was at Cisco Live in San Francisco 2014 but that was purely recon because I had a free exam. Still only missed it by roughly 100p or so. The second time I took it was Cisco Live in San Diego 2015. I had prepared a lot for it but just missed it by 20p or so. It's a pretty tough exam and much deeper in the technologies than you would expect from a design exam.

Then I passed it in my 3rd attempt with a pretty good score but it was challenging. It's not an exam I would recommend someone to recert their E level cert(s) with unless they are really really solid in RS and SP technologies.

Congrats on the CCIE! Let's meet in Vegas.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well it's coming on for 2 years (!) since I passed IE#1 so I need to get on with #2. If I go for the lab or not at this time I am undecided because I am also looking to move roles back to a day role (no more shifts) and potentially that could mean leaving my company. There are roles available, but just playing the waiting game so it seems at the moment. I have made my intentions clear about moving up the ladder though so hopefully that will be taken seriously. :) If not then I will get on with the lab regardless then look to move from the company with two of them in my pocket.
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I will be at live again this year. Can't wait.

Although Maroon 5? Really?
    sucanushie wrote: »
    I will be at live again this year. Can't wait.

Although Maroon 5? Really?

I think they're trying to get a younger crowd in there. Aerosmith wasn't really my thing last year. :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I wasn't super pumped for Aerosmith but they put on a good show. Will be cool to see the new arena in Vegas. I'm going to try to go to UFC 200 on the Saturday before the conference :)
  • sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    I'll be there.

And also thumbs down on maroon 5. Not that aerosmith was much better. It was really weird being at a concert where nobody in the crowd really seemed to care.

On the plus side Deftones is playing at The Joint at Hard Rock that week. Awesome venue and if your a fan , it will probably be the only chance you get to see them in a venue of less than 2000 people.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
    I don't think the Deftones show is until Aug sometime
    Aww crap you are right. That was during VMWorld.

Man I was so pumped to watch deftones in July. Almost ruined my day until I remembered it was Friday.
    Any canadian's know if there is a canada appreciation event this year? I haven't been able to find any info.

Also any CCIE events?
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sandman748 wrote: »
    Any canadian's know if there is a canada appreciation event this year? I haven't been able to find any info.

Also any CCIE events?

It sure would be nice if we had a Cisco Event in Toronto or Vancouver. Need to get out of MB for once. :P
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
    Cisco Connect Toronto 2016 - May 18-19, 2016 Cisco Connect Toronto 2016

Havent been so I can't comment on it. Just happened to spot it last night while trying to find a canadian event for Cisco Live LV
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    sandman748 wrote: »

Also any CCIE events?

Yes there will be a Canada appreciation event and the CCIE party. Last year, it was the same day but I feel like the canadian event was much better (less people and open bar).
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Last year the Canadian Event was at the Double Deuce. Still no word on this year, although I have heard that it will be at the Hard Rock.
  • N3TW0RK_N3RDN3TW0RK_N3RD Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's sooo much fun. Currently having a few sips of Stone, my colleagues would nerd out (as would I). You guys have fun, wish I could attend but need to pass my IE first.
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Attending my first Live this year. Here's what I've gathered:

1. Wear comfortable shoes
    2. Don't pack a lot
    3. Don't book a bunch of sessions

Any other tips from those who have attended?
  • xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    okplaya wrote: »
    Attending my first Live this year. Here's what I've gathered:

1. Wear comfortable shoes
    2. Don't pack a lot
    3. Don't book a bunch of sessions

Any other tips from those who have attended?

You will never EVER make to it an 8am session. There is absolutely too much stuff to do at night to get up early enough for an 8am class.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will be there.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    I guess I should start conditioning my liver now....
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931