Windows 10 training materials?

Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
What's going on Tech family?!?! For those who passed the Mcsa windows 10 exam, what materials did you use? I'm currently using the Cbtnuggets windows 10 course. Along with the Transcendar practice exams. I also ordered a book for additional information. Is this too much? I just passed the comptia n+ Test so it called for me to study so much supplemental material and it was non vendor specific. Any advice from those who took it and passed it?

Comments

• d0tcomd0tcom Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been wondering the same thing.. I have the CBT nugget's material and the 70-697 book. I also support Windows 10 and use Office 365 at work. I'm really interested in getting some feedback before I jump in and take the exam.
  • Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    d0tcom wrote: »
    I have been wondering the same thing.. I have the CBT nugget's material and the 70-697 book. I also support Windows 10 and use Office 365 at work. I'm really interested in getting some feedback before I jump in and take the exam.

Yea Me too!! I can't really just find any information on it. I suppose I may just have to study and take the exam and post my feed back. My IT director said it shouldnt really be a difficult exam since it's strictly vendor specific. I took the Network + Exam and that exam was all over the place.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There's a tradeoff, the MS exams get very detailed and difficult, while the comptia are general and not as hard, imo.

AMD4EVER put up a good post of helpful materials
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-10-exams/118545-windows-70-697-materials.html
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • kseeksee Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    d0tcom wrote: »

From someone who passed it last week. You're on the right track!

CBT Nugget + Exam Ref Book 70-697 + practice exams. Also, you use the stuff at work so you have that in your pocket..
    Only thing missing is Azure + intune.. which is about 1/3 worth. Sign-up for those 90-day trials build out some VMs (with Hyper-V) and make a test environment.. Enroll an iOS device, etc. You must be familiar with the entire front-end of intune. You'll get questions such as, "Where would I go to setup an automatic approval rule?" Same goes for Azure.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heavy on Azure and intune? Two platforms I've never, ever used and we don't use at work. Fun.
  • kseeksee Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gess wrote: »
    Heavy on Azure and intune? Two platforms I've never, ever used and we don't use at work. Fun.

Here is how I see it: The fact that its not as main-stream is a good thing. Eventually, it will be. So why not learn about it now and maintain and edge?

Microsoft is pouring in tons of $$$ banking on Azure + intune being the future skills of all up and coming Microsoft Solutions Architects.

I had Zero knowledge of intune. But the 30-day trial helped. Luckily, I saw comparisons of another MDM we use at my work, AirWatch by VMware.. so was able to grasp the concept pretty quickly.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm all for education and learning for the sake of it.

I just work in an environment that deploys SCCM 2007 and is still Windows 7 for the foreseeable future. Azure/intune are completely foreign to me right now. I just have to see whether the time investment is worth it. I'll make the determination based on some other factors here shortly.
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    I'm currently studying for 70-697 and the Intune/Azure bits are the trickiest for me. I had already signed up for a trial of Intune a while back so know a bit about that but I haven't signed up for the 30 day Azure trial yet as I want to know a bit about it before signing up and then struggling learning enough in 30 days.