Options

Network+/A+ used as elective for MCSA - Any cost?

mr_scott1968mr_scott1968 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, I have looked on Microsoft and CompTIA's website for the answer to this question. I know that you can use Network+ and A+ as a substitute for the MCSA elective. What I don't know is do I have to pay to have this done? What I'm saying is, after I take my first MCSA test (70-270), do I have to pay the same test fee to get my CompTIA certification acknowledged as a MCSA elctive? One thing I did find out while searching is that it doesn't matter whether you pass or fail your first MCSA to be able to use your CompTIA tests towards Microsoft certification, so that makes me feel a little better. I was under the assumption before that you had to pass the MCP test to use the CompTIA tests towards MCSA.

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    There is no cost. Comptia just has to send Microsoft your transcript and then you are good to go.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any idea on how long it takes for the CompTIA certs to get applied by Microsoft once you have submitted the info?
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    jimi444 wrote:
    Any idea on how long it takes for the CompTIA certs to get applied by Microsoft once you have submitted the info?

Maybe a week or so........
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mr_scott1968mr_scott1968 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I will be going to take my 70-270 test within a few week. Hopefully I'll pass and get 2 certs for the price of one. :)
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Only drawback is that your "elective" doesnt count towards a MCSE icon_sad.gif
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?