Passed 70-410

certm0decertm0de Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the 70-410 after putting it on hold for so long! It took me about three months of studying for about about four hours a day. I'm a one man show at my current job so I am labbing on a live environment. The resources I've used were MCSA Windows Server 2012 complete study guide by William Panek, Technet, MS Exam Reference, CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal and Networkminds on youtube. I am pumped and going for the 70-411 in one month.

Comments

• motheomotheo Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Job well done.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on the 411!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    congratulations!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Darkey15Darkey15 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Good luck on the next one
    Hey Certm0de, I'm just curious - How well do you think the Will Panek Complete Study Guide helped you prepare for your test? I ask because I found it almost useless for mine and most other members of this forum have said something similar.
    All the best,
    Anderson

• gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Congrats on the pass !
    Hey Certm0de, I'm just curious - How well do you think the Will Panek Complete Study Guide helped you prepare for your test? I ask because I found it almost useless for mine and most other members of this forum have said something similar.

Is this the Sybex guide ? If so I bought the Sybex book for the Windows 8.1 MCSA and it didn't even mention Intune once in the book !
    culpano wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass !

Is this the Sybex guide ? If so I bought the Sybex book for the Windows 8.1 MCSA and it didn't even mention Intune once in the book !

Yeah, Sybex. I was completely disappointed in the whole thing. It's advertised as preparing you for the MCSA 2012 R2 exams but it doesn't even come close to preparing you for them.
    All the best,
    Anderson

• JB_15JB_15 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    Great work! congrats! Please give us an update post once you have cleared the 70-411. Good luck :)
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • certm0decertm0de Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will Panek's book in my opinion is a good source for reviewing the topics but it should be used in conjunction with the MS exam reference.
  • certm0decertm0de Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update:

I passed the 70-411 today and scored a 8XX! This is by far the most difficult exam I've taken. Alot of labbing is required to pass this test. The resources I've used was mainly technet, sybex AIO for review, exam force, pluralsight, microsoft virtual academy and cbt nuggets. I'm going to pursue the 74-409 next, wish me luck.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□

At the moment i'm using that book. To me it's okay since I read some other books already. it's easy to follow for me. We will see how the exam goes for me.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    certm0de wrote: »
    Update:

I passed the 70-411 today and scored a 8XX! This is by far the most difficult exam I've taken. Alot of labbing is required to pass this test. The resources I've used was mainly technet, sybex AIO for review, exam force, pluralsight, microsoft virtual academy and cbt nuggets. I'm going to pursue the 74-409 next, wish me luck.

Congratulations on the pass and good luck with the 409!
    All the best,
    Anderson

Louie1277 wrote: »
    At the moment i'm using that book. To me it's okay since I read some other books already. it's easy to follow for me. We will see how the exam goes for me.

It's good for review, especially for the 410 but not enough labs to be too beneficial. The section for the 411 was only about half the length of the 410 material and some of it was copied word for word from the 410 chapters. I guess that was ok though since a lot of the 411 objectives align with the 411. It's definitely worth reading over, I just think I could've passed without reading it at all.
    All the best,
    Anderson

• DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree the Panek book isn't anywhere near "deep" enough to pass after my two attempts. So far the test questions for me have gone deeper than I've been able to study for.
    I agree the Panek book isn't anywhere near "deep" enough to pass after my two attempts. So far the test questions for me have gone deeper than I've been able to study for.

Exactly. It's written closer to what I would expect from a CompTIA book rather than a Microsoft book. It provides an overview of the technologies and what they do more so than actually diving into how they work and how to configure them, which is mostly what the MS exams are about. For someone will little to no experience with the technologies it would certainly be a great introductory resource, I just don't like how it's marketed towards being a solution to pass the exam because it's far from it.
    All the best,
    Anderson

• MHTECHMHTECH Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JWalker1985JWalker1985 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats....411 is a lot tougher but the topics covered are more interesting...best of luck !!!