CWNA

Ok.... i'm really thinking here but can't draw a definitive conclusion.

prob u guys can help me out.

i just have one exam left to be MCSA. and i was thinking about pursueing CWNA right after.......

but looking at the CWNA objectives this exam seem to be more theory driven than practical based.

What do you guys thnk should i take a break from the MCSE track to do an episode of wireless certs given tht i really don't have much experience in a Server environment?

thx in advance.
stonecold26.jpg

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Do you have any experience with 802.11 wireless networking? The CWNA is not all theoretical, and you really should have some hands-on experience with wireless networks if you are considering the CWNA. Also, I suggest having enough 802.3 networking knowledge to pass the CompTIA Network+ exam. The MCSA doesn't cover much of the low-level networking objectives like the Network+ and CCNA certs do.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    jdmurray wrote:
    Do you have any experience with 802.11 wireless networking? The CWNA is not all theoretical, and you really should have some hands-on experience with wireless networks if you are considering the CWNA. Also, I suggest having enough 802.3 networking knowledge to pass the CompTIA Network+ exam. The MCSA doesn't cover much of the low-level networking objectives like the Network+ and CCNA certs do.

<< well as u might see....i already have Network+ and A+ enroute MCSA

and wut are u saying i need to get a job with wireless networks before i can do this exam?
    stonecold26.jpg
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    elover_jm wrote:
    and wut are u saying i need to get a job with wireless networks before i can do this exam?
    I'm not sure how you inferred this from reading my last post. You do not need to be employeed to take the CWNA. You are also not required to have prior experience with wireless networking, but it will greatly increase your chances of passing the CWNA if you did.