Options

CISSP experience waiver?

jasontheprojasonthepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Did I read this correctly at the following link: https://www.isc2.org/credential_waiver/default.aspx
With my Security+ could I get 1 year of the experience requirement waived?

Also I have 2 years as a Intern test engineer and 1 year 7 months as a Tech II/network admin, would that count towards the 5 years of experience?

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You sure did read that correctly sir!

If your duties fall within two of the CISSP domains then yes sir: https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Oh cool! I also see physical security, would doing gate guard part-time (although I was a fueler) make up for the remaining 5 months? But I've been out for so long now that anyone that was in my unit is long gone. The only proof I have now is my DD-214 (Army)?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh cool! I also see physical security, would doing gate guard part-time (although I was a fueler) make up for the remaining 5 months? But I've been out for so long now that anyone that was in my unit is long gone. The only proof I have now is my DD-214 (Army)?

Your part time gigs or internships do not count toward the requirements. As per ISC2 "Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in two or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK®. " So you still need 4 years paid full time roles minus your Sec+ year waiver.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Were you paid as an intern? That might make a difference, if you're unsure just contact ISC2, they'll be the final answer on it anyway.
  • Options
    I worked full time paid intership (40 hours a week) and worked 50+ hours as a admin/ net tech and was active duty when I was in the army. I'll email them, thanks.