Options

Utica College MS in Cybersecurity

globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone here could offer any insight into the online MS in Cybersecurity at Utica College. I've been browsing around after some great suggestions in the other thread I started (Norwich, Syracuse, Northeastern), but I can't find much info here on these forums about Utica College. Looking at the tracks and curriculum within the Cybersecurity program, it looks like it has a strong technical component, which is what I'm looking for. I spoke with an admissions advisor today and got a bit more information, though if possible, I'd like to get some real opinions from anyone that may have gone through this degree program. Has anyone here started or completed this program, or any other from Utica College?

Comments

• Options
    It's been a bit and this thread hasn't got a bite. Think it's safe to say that there isn't anyone frequenting this board that has attended Utica? I'm getting a little worried about moving forward with the admissions process, as I can't seem to find much info about the quality of the program, or really any piece of information from any person that has ever attended or completed the graduate program.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did my BS in Cybersecurity at Utica and I can't say enough good things about the program, the instructors, and the learning environment. I've considered going back for my MS, but time constraints have kept me from it. Any specific questions I can help answer?
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the reply! Mostly what I'm looking for is fairly general but seems hard to find. Is it fairly lab-focused? How well do the labs and assignments work? I've seen other programs that are very conceptual and seem to revolve more around papers and reports. Since I'm looking to develop some technical ability or at least build resume credibility, how they approach the technical stuff is important to me.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I believe Jeff Bardin teaches there and my understanding is he was one of the first to delve into the cyber intelligence realm. I always enjoyed the talks he has given so to have him as a teacher would be awesome.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't speak for the MS program, but the BS classes had a good mix of labs and research work. One of my classes revolved around using the tools you would find in Kali Linux. If I remember correctly, we would work through a lab book and submit a report with screenshots and such.
  • Options
    zetanatorzetanator Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How difficult would you say the classes are on a 1-10 scale. And what did your do your concentration on. Also on your degree did it say it was online. OR did you take courses on campus at Utica?