GMON - Passed!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Sat for the exam today and scored a 77% (definitely would have liked a higher score, but pass is a pass). It was definitely slightly harder than the practice tests, but I felt it all ultimately aligned. After the first 15 questions I was at 100% and thought "oh this is so easy" that was a very bad mentality to have because then the heavy hitting questions came into play. So now for some tips:

1. Take the exam sooner rather than later - It's been three months and had I buckled down and taken it a month after the course I would have done better
2. Your index is important - mine sucked and now I know for future reference to definitely do a better job
3. Time management - that clock goes faster then you realize
4. Real world experience is important - a buddy of mine took the GCIH and said he wouldn't have passed without the real world experience. I tend to believe this is the same for the GMON
5. Read the questions carefully - should be a no brainer but make sure you read what they're asking
6. Go with your gut - without a doubt one question I answered I went against my guy and two questions later I went past the answer in the book and wanted to kill myself

Good luck all!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • idirumidirum Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Congrats! After seeing some recent discussions of the course for this exam on here recently, it's definitely going on my to do list.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I passed also with a 79%. she was a tuffer one for sure. icon_smile.gif but a pass is a pass!!!icon_cheers.gif brother GMON dude
    Jinverar, TSS
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent news!!!! Congrats!!!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats! I should probably get to it then!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats!!! Great news!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Took this one back in March myself and it was fairly difficult especially since I don't have NOC or traffic analysis experience. I have the GCIH on deck next, hoping it isn't as difficult honestly.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • secmonstersecmonster Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework