Options

GPEN v ECSAv9

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
Dear all,

Have the option of doing either of the above through my company. Please let me know your thoughts. Have heard ECSAv9 is good as hands on test is required prior to sitting for the exam. how is the GPEN in comparison? Looking for something to develop my hands on skills in pen testing.

Thanks in advance
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• Options
    xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GPEN is the clear choice here. You could do the ECSA v9 on your own time and money. Among the asked for pentesting certifications on jobs, the GPEN is often sighted. Not sure why OSCP isn't being looked at as an option here too.
  • Options
    Many thanks for the response. The premise behind the company's thinking is to attend either the GPEN/ECSA and then go for something like LPT/GXPN/OSCP. To be truthful, I am favouring going down GPEN/GXPN path as I prefer attending a course as opposed to doing remotely. Any thoughts? Cheers.
  • Options
    xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're welcome. Absolutely GPEN/GXPN all the way. The content is so good. With GPEN/OSCP there's a bit of content overlap. If you get what people consider a standard pentesting cert like the OSCP, GPEN, eCPPT and get what others consider as an Advanced pentesting cert like GXPN, and the OSCE for example, you'll be in good hands. SANS vLive is fantastic. Self study is always ok, but I'm a fan of their vLive setup.
  • Options
    Wonderful, thanks mate. Will look into this. Best wishes