Wireless CCNA exam preparation , which tools/equipment?

--JayJay----JayJay-- Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
What do you require to study for the CCNA Wireless exam topics?
Only the book?
Do you use simulator, real equipment ?

Comments

• LeisureSuitLarryLeisureSuitLarry Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd like to know, too. Right now all I have is the Cisco Press Book and the DVD that comes with it. I've heard this exam is mostly theory, so that would seem to suggest real equipment won't be essential (which I hope is the case, since I can't really afford it right now).
  • SherraSherra Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi..I would like to know if anyone knows about simulators for CCNA wireless exam preparation as I cannot afford real equipment..Thank you!
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Sherra wrote: »
    Hi..I would like to know if anyone knows about simulators for CCNA wireless exam preparation as I cannot afford real equipment..Thank you!

From my searching there don't appear to be any good sims for wireless. A lot of the wireless stuff is at the lower layers, and simulating physical part of wireless is difficult.

You can buy some of the lab stuff from eBay/craigslist/wherever and then sell it on once you are finished, and likely break even or close too. If you are quick about it, you might be able to do it on credit.

An alternative to buying is renting: Network Learning Inc - Rack Rentals
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • capwapcapwap Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need real equipment for this exam. I recommend the Cisco press book and the Pearson IT Video training course with Jerome Henry.
  • Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Currently using Cisco ocg and cbtnuggets