questions regarding books

traxtrax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
i'm currently using A+ Training Guide, Fifth Edition by que and anything else i can find for my studies. I see alot of people favor the mike meyers AIO and passport series. my question is, will the book i'm currently using be enough to pass? or should i purchase the AIO or maybe just the passport?. what is the difference between the two? BTW, great site and TIA

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    hey!

Welcome to Techexams!
    What's your background and experience with computers? I've read that book too when I was studying for A+, and it was pretty good. I think quality of materials has alot to do with your background and strengths in the domain objectives.

As you say, Mcgraw Hill Osborne A+ AIO, Meyers Passport are popular choices because of its depth, I used Sybex A+ complete which was amazing.

For practice questions, I hear exam cram is great with A+ questions.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    trax wrote:
    i'm currently using A+ Training Guide, Fifth Edition by que and anything else i can find for my studies. I see alot of people favor the mike meyers AIO and passport series. my question is, will the book i'm currently using be enough to pass? or should i purchase the AIO or maybe just the passport?. what is the difference between the two? BTW, great site and TIA

I recommend a couple sources. Meyers book is definately recommend, though when I considered the A+ way back...it was the only book.

Sybex is my second choice (for A+ recommendations). I do like Sybex overall and think they have a large selection of books as well as organize the material well.

Passport series are very good as well, but is geared toward candidates who want to review...not learn material. So I wouldn't recommend it as a lone source.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • traxtrax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey!

Welcome to Techexams!
    What's your background and experience with computers? I've read that book too when I was studying for A+, and it was pretty good.

For practice questions, I hear exam cram is great with A+ questions.

thanks for the info. i found Ultimate A+ Certification Exam Cram 2 Study Kit at borders, last copy too. the A+ Training Guide 5th, i'm currently using is pretty hefty at 1500+ pages and seems to cover everything for 03 objectives so i don't think i need another 1000+ page book?

if you didn't have the sybex a+ complete, do you think you would have passed using just A+ training 5th?
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    trax wrote:
    if you didn't have the sybex a+ complete, do you think you would have passed using just A+ training 5th?

I remember correctly, I the sybex book was bigger and cheaper (might not be the case now) that's why I went with it.

And I think the sybex book also had a longer history, and it seems like they're the second A+ materials to have been around, so I would assume they must be pretty good to have been published for this long.

I didnt read A+ training in details, so I cant say if it's better or worse, but truth of the matter is that I prep with sybex, and it helped me to pass my exams.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • cullbotcullbot Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed using the Exam Cram book and the Exam Cram practice questions book along with various online practice questions.