Options

Thoughts on CPP?

bokosbokos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you think the ASIS CPP certification would fit well with other IT security or is it more focused on physical security? I see a small information security component with perhaps some other elements, but wanted to get some other opinions.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bokos wrote: »
    Do you think the ASIS CPP certification would fit well with other IT security or is it more focused on physical security? I see a small information security component with perhaps some other elements, but wanted to get some other opinions.

Thank you.

I've been looking at it for about a year and plan on taking it by the end of 2016 or on the first half of 2017. It's focused on protection of assets. If you plan to work in or with people who do executive protection, CCTV, access controls, investigations, manage guards, background checks and the like then it's worth it. Otherwise, if you want to be more into offensive IT security, I'd do something more IT related like the OSCP. The IT security part on the CPP I find a bit dated.

In my case it's going to be useful because some of the people I work with are CPP certified. So it will help me understand their point of view and talk with common terminology.

Think of it like management for police or military, like the CISM is for CISO's.