70-417 taken

MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
And the exam has been slain. Passed barely, but a pass is a pass. This is not an easy exam by any means. Ended up with an 800 for the first section and 700 in the other two.

I used the subject book, did lots of labs on technet pluralsight for videos and a little bit on cybrary.

Comments

• magetripmagetrip Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Amazing work, good job. That means you're MCSA 2012 now? :')

If I get 680 and 686, I can follow you up with the 417 right?
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job, congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes I am mcsa 2012 now. I'm not sure what the current upgrade options are but I would check that out and see if it's the best option. The 417 test was no joke and I spent a long time studying as it covered alot of areas. If I had no prior certification with Microsoft I would highly recommend taking the 3 individual tests. And if windows 10 is an upgrade option that would be the client cert I'd go for today.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Totally awesome! I've heard some horror stories about the 417 exam. I plan on upgrading my MCSA: Server 2008 when I'm done with my CCNA Security. Do you plan on taking the new bridge exam to upgrade your cert to Server 2016?
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    I'm in no hurry to jump to the 2016 exam yet. I figure once good documents and study materials are out there I will look at doing that upgrade exam.

Right now it may be harder to figure out what the main focus of the exam will be and the 417 wore me out. Not easy to study as much as I did, work 40 hours a week, and have a newborn to deal with.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, I already did it with 700 on one section. And that was after 1 failed attempt.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, time for a well earned break!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man. How many questions were on the exam?
    Hopefully not against the NDA, but there were 56 questions in total split between the 3 sections. 20 for the first, then 18 for each of the 2 remaining. I'm sure that can vary a few in any direction though.

And thanks! Wasn't easy but happy to have that done.