Passed Net + today 748/720

Ricohtech1984Ricohtech1984 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
All I can say is, glad it is over. 5 months of hard studying using M. Myers All In One Network N10-006 book, Professor Messor videos, Examcompass tests along with Transcender practice tests and Pearson Vue Sims. Sad thing is I actually won't use this on my job. Just a requirement with my employer now. I'll have to have Sec.+ by next April, but this cert definitely helps with Security+ since about half of the Net + material will carry over.

Anyone needing this cert, just be persistent and it will pay off. I started this journey last July and had no direction. I purchased ***********.com material, watched M.Myers videos, and did some practice tests I found on line. Took the test for the first time Dec.30, 2015 and failed with 657/900 (720 needing to pass). I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. My employer started some week long telepresences (web classes), I bought the Mike Myers book, (read it about three times), Professor Messor vids start to finish many times, and did literally 100's, maybe thousands of practice questions over and over again. (When you do the practice questions, understand why the other answers are incorrect....check yourself). I think the Transcender material put me over the top.

I am a testament to the fact you don't have to be in IT to get through this. This test is not an entrance level test any longer, but if you will be persistant, you can get through it. I am 55 years old (this was tough on an old man), but you can do it. Hope this helps someone out there trying to get N+ certified! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• A+ QuizzicalA+ Quizzical Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, sounds like you put the time and effort in to earn this certification. Wish you all the best for any further certifications you plan on taking.
  • NtengNteng Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work and many congratulations !! all the best for sec +
  • Daniel1970Daniel1970 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I failed Network+ with a 634, passed Security+ with a 776, and I am working on my A+ and have passed the 901. I used Security+ by Darrell Gibson and the Exam Cram. Darrell's book is what helped me the most.
  • Ricohtech1984Ricohtech1984 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all for the kind comments. Hope you all achieve their goals and keep pushing on!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Congrats!
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!