Options

Linux+ and linux academy

ccboy85ccboy85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey fellas. Looking to get my Linux+ cert. I think I'll start with LX0103 first and then take the test. In regards to Linux academy, which topics should I look over?

Course: Linux Essentials Certification
Course: Mastering The Linux Command Line
Course: Linux+ LPIC Level 1 Exam 1

Is there anything else that I may be missing? I'm just looking to take the first part of the exam first, due to time constraints and life issues.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would at least go over some/all of the topics in the Linux Essentials course if you have little or no experience working with Linux, then go ahead with the Linux+/LPIC-1 course.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    ccboy85ccboy85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    I would at least go over some/all of the topics in the Linux Essentials course if you have little or no experience working with Linux, then go ahead with the Linux+/LPIC-1 course.

Thank you, I plan on doing that. Do you have any other resources? I have the COMPTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1 cert guide that I'm going through as well. I've read the first 10 chapters of it and now I'm starting on the videos at linux academy.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been using the Linux Academy training, supplemented with texts, also toward the Linux Essentials certification. I've found the video training to be great, and the additional access to servers to be useful as well, although I've set up a lot of my own systems as well.