Passed CEH - Thinking about CASP

BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone!

I was hoping to get some opinions here. I just recently passed my CEH exam (on 7/11) and am trying to decide what to pursue next while all of this test taking info is fresh in my brain.

How would you rate CASP to CEH? It seems that they cover very similar topics (topics which I am pretty familiar with). The CASP objective seem to differ in the fact that it is less tool oriented and more risk \ management oriented.

I am also in the first round of requirements for the new CCNA:Cyber Ops scholarship. I believe that will be starting in about 2 months time should I get fully accepted. In the meantime, I thought about trying to tackle CASP.

It seems that if one could tackle the CEH, then the CASP wouldn't be to overly difficult with some CASP specific study.

Opinions welcome

Thanks!

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I was hoping to get some opinions here. I just recently passed my CEH exam (on 7/11) and am trying to decide what to pursue next while all of this test taking info is fresh in my brain.

How would you rate CASP to CEH? It seems that they cover very similar topics (topics which I am pretty familiar with). The CASP objective seem to differ in the fact that it is less tool oriented and more risk \ management oriented.

I am also in the first round of requirements for the new CCNA:Cyber Ops scholarship. I believe that will be starting in about 2 months time should I get fully accepted. In the meantime, I thought about trying to tackle CASP.

It seems that if one could tackle the CEH, then the CASP wouldn't be to overly difficult with some CASP specific study.

Opinions welcome

Thanks!

There is a significant amount of overlap. There is much more design and concept knowledge in the CASP than in CEH in my opinion. It is more like the CISSP than like the CEH. Read the exam objectives closely.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-casp-objectives-(cas-002).pdf
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OSCP is a natural follow-up to CEH. Build on what you know to learn more about the subject and apply it in real life.

Other people here similarly seem to recommend eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester (eCPPT) but I have no experience with it.
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OSCP has been on my radar for awhile, but I fear the time commitment may be too much for me right now. I hear that the time involved to fully work through the entire course is pretty intense

Thanks for for the info on eCPPT - I had never heard of that one before!