Virtual CISSP Study Group Anyone?

K-MedK-Med Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Would anyone be interested in attending or setting up a virtual study group for the CISSP exam? We could do this via something like Discord (free VoIP chat program) or maybe through chat of some type.

I'm having trouble finding anyone to study with where I live and thought I'd just throw this out there to see if anyone has any interest.

Comments

• kshahinkshahin Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in... Let me know when?
  • LonVenuLonVenu Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What do study groups help with ? Is studying in groups better than studying individually ?
  • K-MedK-Med Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kshahin wrote: »
    I am in... Let me know when?

Awesome! I think it would be kind of fun and help a lot of people retain material when spoken about among others.
    LonVenu wrote: »
    What do study groups help with ? Is studying in groups better than studying individually ?

I think study groups help some people retain information, not all, but some. It all depends on what methods work best for you.
    I think same way, study groups help some people retain information. Email me if u like to join.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm interested
    Excellent! I will set up the Discord tonight and post the information in this thread for any of those that just to jump on and see if this avenue of studying will work :)
    If you're in Ohio the Central Ohio ISSA chapter has a great 13-week / 39 hour CISSP Prep class (Thursdays from 6-9pm starting 9/8/16) for only $295 for ISSA members (non-member is $500, but it's only ~$115 to join ISSA so it's cheaper to join than paying as a non-member).

Fall 2016 CISSP Prep Class – Central Ohio ISSA

I'm thinking you just spammed my thread. Your post is not related to the original topic at all. You should check your posting etiquette :)

Oh and I reported you for spam. :)
    Alright, here's the discord link guys! You can download the client or just use the web app.

https://discord.gg/MNG2F
  • roger101roger101 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Count me in too..
    email me at kshahin2000 [at] yahoo.com please for the details.
    The Discord server is up, although techexams won't post anything with a link in it for me. Please feel free to join up!

I was thinking we could using some of the online whiteboards if we need to draw something out, maybe utilize Discord's text chat if we need to spell something out that isn't verbally describable.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them. I think we may be onto something cool here.

I was thinking study groups at about 7 or 8pm PST would make them feasible for most people? Maybe even as early as 6:30. We could do a 1-2 hour session just covering domain topics and discussing them. I have the official CBK and the Sybex book, both the latest versions that I could reference.

What is everyone else working with materials wise?
  • datybayodatybayo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Count me in too !

When you will start, and How long time i will be ?

Regards ..
  • zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

I am in, I have the discord app downloaded. What time do we connect?

zme783
  • musclegenesismusclegenesis Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested.

Couple of benefits GROUP vs GOING SOLO:

1. Accountability: If you do not feel like studying, your group will make you.
    2. Interactive: Sometimes I hit a rut, i feel that a group would be more interactive and interesting
    3. Collab: Share resources, many heads are better than 1 head.

Please send details, thanks.
  • netdoc99netdoc99 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Too late to get involved?
  • Call4AmitCall4Amit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i m also interested..plz add me
    also suggest me any good book for CISSP and which version?
  • DtechDtech Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like to join, I am planning to give the exam in upcoming months...Group knowledge really opens lots of new areas. Kindly share the details.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i got the invite and the link to the session a few weeks ago but never heard anything else so not sure if it has been dropped or what
    What is the group in discord.
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Can you let us know what is the group in discord to join.
  • cavijayancavijayan Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it still open for newbies ? Thanks
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this still going?
  • malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This could be a good landscape to discuss gray areas..

Count me in too