Azure 70-533/534 training materials

ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
Any suggestions for training material for the Azure exams? I'm specifically looking for books or online training. I've looked at the books on Amazon but they have the same lousy rating as the Office 365 books do.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Right now, CBT Nuggets has courses for 70-532, 70-533, and 70-534. PluralSight has courses on both 70-533 and 70-534; looks like there's some 70-532 stuff as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I am currently studying for this.

I watched a bit of the CBT nuggets and I found it a hugeee meh. The first instructor just lists a ton of powershell commands on screen and just randomly goes through it, I didn't find it too helpful and it looks like the instructor gets changed midway through.

Pluralsight is okay, but seems high level. CloudRanger is a free and I found pretty good source, only downside is the first half of his videos are based on the old portal and new azure resource manager (ARM) portal which all the exam questions will be on.

I am using Cloud Ranger mainly, and I will fill the gaps with the difference between the new and old portal afterwards with Pluralsight and technet.

Aside from that, most of the books or whatever don't have good updates and I think the exam was updated in March this year so all the books out are basically based on the old exam.

Lastly, Azure is constantly changing fast, so yeah, this will be a painful one.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    I will have to try Pluralsight.

I find the CBT Nuggets lacking for these exams for the reasons you point out. The instructor is so lazy they just write out the PowerShell stuff versus actually typing it out. And, they don't even show you how to connect with PowerShell. This compared to Jeremy Cioara series on AWS which was very good.

The selection of books for this exam (and for the Office 365 MCSA) is just abysmal. They get poor ratings & are constantly out of date. I found the same thing with the 346 and 347 O365 exams.

Apparently the MS Tech Academy has decent videos, but I haven't really watched. I'll give Pluralsight a shot.

Thanks for the information. And yeah, it's gonna be a bruiser.
  • bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I agree the CBT nuggets for Azure are terrible.

I used the Azure document ion for my MCSD. I also used the edx course which is provided by Microsoft, highly recommend that.
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    Thanks. And I have to mention the powershell in Azure = horrible. Microsoft really needs to work on this.
  • bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't agree mate, when you know it, it works.