Options

anyone with experience using boson practice exams

traxtrax Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
im using boson standard tests v5.1 - it has 3 H/W and 2 OS tests. my questions is, how accurate is boson? and for difficulty? i'm also using preplogic preview edition and online resources. some tests i notice are easier than others. who makes the hardest practice tests? this way i have less of a chance for failure on exam day. the tech notes here are very helpful, especially for scuzzy because i've never installed one in the 2 years i'm building my own systems icon_eek.gif. thanks again, any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    trax wrote:
    im using boson standard tests v5.1 - it has 3 H/W and 2 OS tests. my questions is, how accurate is boson? and for difficulty? i'm also using preplogic preview edition and online resources. some tests i notice are easier than others. who makes the hardest practice tests? this way i have less of a chance for failure on exam day. the tech notes here are very helpful, especially for scuzzy because i've never installed one in the 2 years i'm building my own systems icon_eek.gif. thanks again, any feedback is appreciated.

I've never used Boson, so I couldn't say. I've heard from some people that they liked the product, but just don't know.

I do have a bit of a concern if you are merely looking at practice exams and for the 'most difficult ones'??? The focus on preparing for A+ or any exam should be to learn the material based on the objectives and not to practice taking tests so you can pass the exam and claim certification.

And 'scuzzy' is refered to in the industry as SCSI. The acronym is the recognized word. FWIW

So, if you are preparing, get the objectives from CompTIA, read a few books and take the time to learn the material. Using several practice exams is not the best way to prepare. There will likely be other exams in your future and if this is the habit you get into....you will find yourself underprepared in other certs.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?