Options

Passed CompTIA A+ RC0-903 !

GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm very happy today! I passed the CompTIA A+ RC0-903 exam. Now my certification will be automatically updated without any further fees or credits (CEU) !

I used the new book All-in-One by Mike Meyers CompTIA A+ 900 series:
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Ninth Edition (Exams 220-901 & 220-902)

And I viewed on YouTube these video just for a visual recap:
Professor Messer's CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 A+ Training Course

As other have listed know your hardware and software troubleshooting. Know mobile devices, cloud technologies and other operating systems (OSx and Linux) not just Windows.

I highly recommend CompTIA A+, I've been working in I.T. for over 25+ years. Although new people start out getting certified in the exam at the start of their careers in I.T... However, it's also "not" a beginners cert, the skill sets that you learn keep following you no matter what area of I.T. that you go into. Good Luck to everyone here.. in all of your exams!
Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)

Comments

• Options
    kcos0320kcos0320 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.. I recently took my A+ Recertification test and I thought it was too easy.
  • Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So what you're saying is that when you pass this exam your certification never expires? Even after 10, 15 or even 20 years?
  • Options
    Attempted MustacheAttempted Mustache Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fayz wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that when you pass this exam your certification never expires? Even after 10, 15 or even 20 years?

I'm unclear on if you still need to renew this every three years or not, but here's the CompTIA website for it: https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/recertification-exam/comptia-a-recertification. I guess this exam allows you to not need continuing education fees for the A+ only, but you'll still need them for your other CompTIA certs.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    csteffen28csteffen28 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz! Well Done!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    shawn0310shawn0310 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but I have a simple question. I'm wanting to buy an A+ certification book and learn it as a possible entry level career option. The problem I see is none of the books teach past Windows 8.1, and I have Windows 10. Can I still practice and learn this on Windows 10 or am I going to have to download Windows 7 or 8.1 again? And is there a way to get an older system for free?
  • Options
    kcos0320kcos0320 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By any chance did you happen to get a new card after completing the Certification Exam?