Can i pass 100-101 before retirement date?

Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
Hi all I'm currently studying for the ICND1 and want to try and get it done before the exam is retired on August 20th. So that gives me a month to finish all my studying.

I'll tell you what I've got down So far and maybe you guys could advise if I'll be able to get the rest done in a month?

So far I've got down:
Osi and dod models
Subnetting / VLSM
basic trouble shooting
Basic router and switch config
Broadcast packets
Dhcp

I probably think I'm about half way through the ccent content to be honest. Can I get the rest done in a month? What I really need to look at is the routing protocols as that's something I haven't touched at all yet

I want to push myself by setting a target date, but don't want to waste £120 either

Comments

• clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how long did it take you to get halfway?

you really need to have subnetting/vlsm down cold. it is all over on the exam
    don't know them, your going to fail. Can't do them fast, you aren't going to have enough time to finish the exam.

3 weeks, couple of hours a day, that is like 45 hours of studying. that is really cutting it close.
    You are probably going to have to do more than that for a pass. If you can commit the time, you can do it.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Subnetting and vlsm I found really simple, I can do it in a matter of seconds to be honest. Math and numbers come to me quite naturally.

I've probably spent about 20 hours to get to this point.

Its routing configs and protocols I've got to work on next along with spanning trees and trunking
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is great about subnetting because your going to need it.

check out the exam topics: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccent/icnd1_v2/exam-topics
    spanning tree not on the icnd1