Network Admins

Skaza25Skaza25 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I'm new on this forum and I just found it on my way through net to find my answer for the question: Which exams I will need to take on a way to network administrators certif? I was on a course 7yrs ago byt I was young and ehm lazy so I let it go...but times changes and I want try it again. I had done comptia a+ but I think they already retired dunno. Can anybody help me please.
Thanks already.

Comments

• Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA R&S is a solid start
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depending on your experience level you may want to start with Network+ as it will lay the groundwork and provide the fundamentals you will need to know for some later certifications. I went through the Cisco Networking Academy years ago but decided not to pursue certification and I thought their program did a good job at teaching the fundamentals early on in the program as well. If you have the money for Cisco then go for that.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Skaza25Skaza25 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for answers. Just wonder if this path is still avaiable A+->Net+-> Sec+-> CCNA-> MCSA-> CCNP-> MCSE????
    And I also wonder if its not be better go net+ first then jump on Ccna?? Is CCNA covering net+ or sec+ learning??? Sorry maybe my questions sounds stupid by I'm new to this even like 15yrs ago we used to do LAN connection through coaxials daily with my friends but its long time ago.;) thanks for answers again.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Skaza25 wrote: »
    And I also wonder if its not be better go net+ first then jump on Ccna?? Is CCNA covering net+ or sec+ learning??? Sorry maybe my questions sounds stupid by I'm new to this even like 15yrs ago we used to do LAN connection through coaxials daily with my friends but its long time ago.;) thanks for answers again.

Did you do any research on your own on what are the topics that are covered by each certification? You need to do some leg work on your own if you want to be competitive in IT.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Part of your training depends on what part of 'Network Administration' you looking to break into as well. Are you looking for a LAN/WAN type position working with routers, switches, load balancing and all the other goodies that make up the unseen back end of a network? If so then clearly your looking to go down the CCNA R&S path to start.

Looking for the front end of Network administration? User account Moves Adds Changes (MAC); setting up servers, installing front end programs, etc.? Then your looking to the MCSE side of the house.

If your looking for some instant certification to land a security position, get five years of experience in one the two above network administration fields then come ask about security again. icon_thumright.gif

Pro tip!

TheForce is absolutely correct in that you need to do a little research in this field before asking overly broad questions. Otherwise the answers will be over broad and less likely to really be meaningful in the short term.

What was it you were asking again?

- b/eads
    First Id like to thank u guys for answers. Second, As I said Im kinda new here and yes I did do some research about what kind of cert I wanna go for but because I was not sure if my findings was right I did ask here again. Thanks now I know Im looking for MCSE field...

What is first step to go for mcse?? Last time I was on course they send me on path through a+ net+ mcsa then mcse and at the end CCNA. Should I go for net+ or something other?? Thanks btw im situated in UK dunno if that makes any difference but I heard that in US is more CCNA systems then in europe...true or false??
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Skaza25 wrote: »
    What is first step to go for mcse??

If you actually just go Microsoft's site and look at the different MSCEs certification, it tells you the steps on how to get them right on their pages... icon_scratch.gif I'm starting to question your previous "research"
    Yes I was there. Find out that MCSE got like 4-5 branches and for all of them are diff MCSA branches to go for. But when I go on MCSA there is nothing about what u need be4 u start go on MCSA what is kind strange(atleast for me^^) because everywhere else I find that u shud start with net+ or sec+ be4 u go on MCSA level...and MCSA is only some kind of first step stone to MSCE...its rly confusing for me and Im trying to making clear...trying to find fastest way but not easiest.