Bash & Python

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
What are some good resources for learning the basics of Bash and Python? I need to become familiar with them for the masters program I am interested in.
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I highly recommend the book below for learning BASH:

https://www.amazon.com/Linux-Command-Shell-Scripting-Bible/dp/111898384X

It won't bore you and you'll find yourself writing effective scripts in no time.

I recommend a video series for Python:

Introduction to Python - O'Reilly Media

The instructor does an excellent job explaining the material and you are able to build basic programs. Python will take longer to learn than BASH, however you can pretty much replace BASH with Python and/or include BASH scripting into Python. I don't know your programming/scripting experience, but it does take a lot of patience and a lot of practice to become familiar with them.

If you have a sub to Safari Books Online both resources I mentioned above are available to you.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »

Did you pay full price for both of those??!?!?!
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    Did you pay full price for both of those??!?!?!

I used the discount code: JULYVIDEO

expires 7/29
    I don't want to buy them, they're included in the Safari Books Online membership..I was just surprised.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the info!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS