Third Time's a Charm ***PASSED CISSP

lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
I will keep this short and to the point.

1. I passed (I failed 2 times back in January and April)
2. I attended a boot camp ( Best advice; Read Answers, Read Questions, Read Answers) -- Course gave me confidence
3. Read the material (Oh the agony....the Shon Harris (RIP), Eric Conrad, Michael Chapple agony)
4. If you know it prove it. (Practice questions are awesome; CCCure, CISSP ISC2 Practice Questions)
5. Flashcards are your friend (Yeah I said it. This was my saving grace)
6. Use free resources when you can (Cybrary offers CISSP Video/MP3 course for free)
7. Use your time wisely (Watching the latest episode of "Enter your Show here" will not get you to your end goal)
8. Take exam on ISC2 Island ONLY (We pass by ISC2. We fail by ISC2)
9. Tell me how you do. (If this works for you let me know. If you fail...go back to ISC2 Island and try again)

PS: Write your own notes. (Sunflower and others are awesome, but you control your own destiny)

I'm going to leave this: https://www.cybrary.it write here for you when you are ready to start.

GITRDONE!

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Git R Done!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success and thank you for sharing
    Could please tell me which bootcamp you attended and how long you waited after the bootcamp before taking the exam?
  • comicprojectcomicproject Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I couldnt agree more on watching TV shows and then moaning about not having enough time...I was guilty of the same during the early part of my prep and realised its never going to get me success.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats. wouldnt hurt to watch it once in a while though you do need a break here and there ;).
  • Swimfan2516Swimfan2516 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You should only watch Mr. Robot. That way you can tell yourself it's a case study analysis.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to stick with it!
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig