70-411 Pass!

techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took and failed the 70-411 on 6.14.16 with a 68x. Bought the booster pack beforehand. Scheduled retake for 6.18.16 (today). Passed with a 7xx. This one is a tough one, I will have to say it is harder than the 410, not significantly but it is harder.

Resources used:

- Exam ref 70-411
- Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 by by Mark Minasi and Kevin Greene
- CBT nuggets videos R2 revision
- Testout online training
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Microsoft Virtual Labs

Studied aggressively after the 410 pass about a month ago. So, took me about 30 days.

Labbed out in areas of weakness.

Onward, I think im going to go with the 74-409 route instead of taking the 412. I will get the MCSA plus bonus cert for Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. :D

Plus if I can get this done before the 30th of June, I think? I can get a free voucher from MS for upgrading MCSA to 2016. Not totally critical, however would be nice.
"Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill

Comments

• AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm working on the 74-409 right now as well but I don't think I'll have it done by the 30th unfortunately to get the upgrade to 2016, but that's ok. I agree that the 411 was tougher than the 410.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am just starting to study for this test now. I was considering trying out the SkillSoft videos over the CBT nugget videos. Something different plus I get access while being at WGU.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Pass and good luck on 74-409. I recently finished the hyper-v exam and it seems to be an easy one than 70-410. I did used MVA video tutorial and Veeam Study guide for 74-409. Now going through Pluralsight vids wds, wsus sessions for 70-411. Side by side exam-ref book comes handy. Scheduled it on 28th. 😀
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I was supposed to take 411 Saturday but their scheduling system was down so it didn't happen. Hopefully will get it done on Tuesday if it ever comes back up.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MouratovMouratov Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats you slayed the 411 dragon!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and good luck on the 409, it's definitely the easiest of the 3. Personally, I got it when they offered it for free, and only used the MVA course and TechNet to pass. With the HyperV knowledge from the 410/411 plus those, I think you could complete it by the 30th
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

Are Microsoft virtual labs working fine for you? because they always seem to be slow for me or end up freezing but then again it could be my location.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MasterClickMasterClick Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Techwizard Hi!
    i failed today my first attempt 70-411 and i wont to retake it so i am asking you if they do give the same art of Quetions ?
    maby the same ? or a totallynew long 42Q Exam`?
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Well done on the pass! I also found this exam to be harder than the 410. Keep up the good work.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• ScottyRockScottyRock Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm jealous. Bombed the 411 yesterday myself. Found this forum looking for new/better study materials. The ones I have and went through are too general and broad view... not the specifics that the test was asking. Going to be trying again and again in the following months, nice to see I wasn't the only one that needed the retakes.
  • ItseoreItseore Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ScottyRock what study materials were you using?