All 5 AWS Certs - DevOps Pro Passed

​I passed the DevOps Pro exam this afternoon and now hold all 5 AWS certifications. I'm DevOps Pro #996 and people estimate that less than 100 people worldwide hold all 5 certs.

This one was rough. Most people rate the difficulty of this test between the SysOps Associate and the CSA-Pro. I felt this test was harder than the CSA-Pro and barely scraped by with a passing score. In fact, I may have accidentally found the floor for passing scores, but a pass is a pass.

55% of this test is Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment. Besides CloudFormation, I don't have experience with these tools or processes and it showed. Easily half the questions dealt with some type of deployment, redeployment, or update. A/B, Blue/Green, swap URLs, AutoScaling launch configs, CloudFormation stack updates - any way you could update an application had several paragraph-long questions and answers about it. I haven't struggled in an exam like this in a long time. Make sure you have experience with the CI/CD tools before you attempt this one.

The only 'SysOps' section on High Availability and Elasticity I aced. I don't lab - at all - for any cert. This one I did because EB and OpsWorks just weren't clicking for me. I purchased a month subscription to QwikLabs and I'm glad I did. The labs aren't amazing, but they helped, and I probably would not have passed without them.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment! Are you working in a cloud capacity now or have plans to? Have you seen recruiter contacts increase since obtaining the various AWS certs?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am not quite sure I will knock out all 5 exams but I did at least do the LinuxAcademy training on Dev and SysOps. I am hoping that will help me with the CSA Pro.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Buhlz_IBuhlz_I Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice. Congratulations. :)
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats on the All 5! I have all of them too. www.awshof.com is one of the places people are signing up and looking at others that might also have certs icon_smile.gif
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • christianasteveschristianasteves Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Great accomplishment. Not sure I want to go for the DevOps exam but plan to try the CSA Pro, any tips there?
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.