Options

Novel CLP HELP!!

Gaztop1Gaztop1 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys

Actually just looking for some help here just started my CLP and wondering if anyone has some advice on how to go about getting resource material, study guides etc and any information on the actual international exam ( ie is it text based, practical if so how long )

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    http://www.novell.com/training/certinfo/clp/

From here you have links to courses and self study kits. I highly recommend Novell's kits, they are pretty much what you can expect on the test.

Of course it is Linux, so any basic Linux study guide will get you started, including ones for Linux+.
  • Options
    cty_9cty_9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here are the topics tested on the exams,

User Management
    Configure file server such as Samba server and NFS server
    Shell Scripting
    Linux file Permission - rwx
    Apache2 server configuration
    xinetd
    sudo
    ssh configuration

If you manage to get the Novell training guides, it should be a problem for you to pass this exam. The advise that i can give to you is read the question carefully, due to the English they put down there not really good ...i think GERMANY guy set the question.
    cty_9: MCSE2K3,MCT, Novell CLP9,CNI, CCNA, SCSA9,CIWCI,CIWP,IBM Certified Adv Admin for Lotus Domino 6/6.5,A+, Network+, Sun certified Instructor, IBM Certified Lotus Domino Instructor
  • Options
    cty_9cty_9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No problem to pass the exam if got the course material...sorry wrong statement on the previous message
    cty_9: MCSE2K3,MCT, Novell CLP9,CNI, CCNA, SCSA9,CIWCI,CIWP,IBM Certified Adv Admin for Lotus Domino 6/6.5,A+, Network+, Sun certified Instructor, IBM Certified Lotus Domino Instructor
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my recommendation is to get two junk systems, load SLES on both and then run mock situations between them... this is the only way you can effectively study for that hands on of an exam.

the CLP is a beast.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No sure. I don't see much of people (companies) with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Network?

CLP look good and challenging, but I'm planning for my NCE.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    srcurriesrcurrie Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a Suse Linux Enterprise Server Network. I still have a RedHat server left. I guess I would say SLES is better if only because the utilites are good to manage it. RedHat always had different utilities every version!
    If you have ever use NSS in Netware you'll love it in Linux. Novell rocks.