Options

Interview Concerns

steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
I haven't been very great in interviews lately. I feel great when I begin answering questions, but then I fell myself stumbling towards the end. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    I will note that the last two interviews were a phone interview and a video conference. The audio quality of the video conference was not the best despite my efforts.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Take a deep breath and regroup. Also have a notebook with you full of your questions as well.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    steelodon wrote: »
    I feel great when I begin answering questions, but then I fell myself stumbling towards the end. Any suggestions?

Because you begin ranting and expanding on the question where it is not needed. I used to do the same thing. Answer the question that was asked. If they will want to know more, they will ask another question.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Can't win 'em all. Get back on the horse and stay confident.

I agree with Kreken. Rambling is something I find my self doing when nervous and have seen many others do in interviews as well. Be concise yet convey a good level of understanding in your answers without taking 5 minutes to do so. Nothing worse than having someone that absolutely won't shut up when you're trying to interview them.

At the end of the day I know it's easier said than done, but be friendly, calm and confident without being cocky. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.