CISCO IOS for CCNA

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, Everyone

I'm looking to acquire Cisco IOS for GSN3. What IOS would be most ideal? Where can I acquired Cisco IOS?

Thank You,
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The only place to legally obtain IOS is through a service contract with Cisco. More nefarious methods will not be discussed here.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can't beat using real equipment so consider buying yourself a small lab to learn with.
  • UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do have a lab. I have four routers and three switches, but these equipment consume too much power especially during the summer time with the AC. Lol So i was told it's possible to use Cisco IOS in GSN3, can i extract my IOS into GSN3? or can i provide my serial number to Cisco on my equipment for IOS download or something? Then again the equipment I own are used.
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • shanetech74shanetech74 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have the physical gear, pull the compact flash card out and move the file to your pc via card reader. If your gear does not have a compact flash card; connect it to your computer, put them on the same network, move it to your computer via ftp.