70-410 didn't pass

DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
This test is really beating me up, I got the exact same score on my 2nd attempt 559, who does that. LOL

Comments

• knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Unlucky mate. Keep trying you'll get it!
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• joeljosuejoeljosue Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that.

What materials had you been using to study for the exam?
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just keep trying, I just started on this journey too. how long did you study for it? checkout the passed thread on this forum. Andersonsmiths thread was pretty good. that is what I am following. Also pluralsight has 3 months free if you dont already have it. good luck.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey Doj, sorry to hear you didn't pass. These exams are brutal. Keep at it though. The post alfred mentioned was written by me right after I passed the 410 and can be found here. Good luck and don't give up!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trust me the first time I tried my score was in the 400... 2nd time I got again in the 450 range. 3rd time i did much better in the 500 .. I haven't tried it since then because of family and work issue. Just don't have enough time plus when i get home it's late, and i'm burn out. All I could say is keep trying that's what I been doing the last year.ugh

Good luck!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat. work, kids, wife. I manage an 1 or 2 hours per night. I've been studying since last November, but we'll forget about the months between then and march. I have a very weak immune system and catch everything the kids bring home so I ended up since for months. So say 5 real months of study. I don't really get to use the tech at work, just occasionally. At least I've been an IT guy for 20yrs so I got the basics down have always just configured the servers to work, didn't really know the deeper stuff.
    I'm using both sybex mastering books, measure up, youtube vids, technet. I'll have to look at pluralsite, I still have 2 more trys on my booster pack.

I could do better overall, but in the last two tests I'm doing very bad on Group Policy. Sucks because on the practice tests that is the area I do best in.

Louie1277 wrote: »
    Trust me the first time I tried my score was in the 400... 2nd time I got again in the 450 range. 3rd time i did much better in the 500 .. I haven't tried it since then because of family and work issue. Just don't have enough time plus when i get home it's late, and i'm burn out. All I could say is keep trying that's what I been doing the last year.ugh

Good luck!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know what you mean about GP . I have the same issue plus username permission and GPO permission. I have enough years myself on server but really didn't get into setting them up for production. This sucks but I plan on passing it this time around. at work I study at least 30 mins to 1hr or some times not at all...

We will see how things go and my study habit work this month. Just need to work on my study habit a little more and stuff.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • hailhailhailhail Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i;ve failed it twice too, was waiting on the 2nd shot offer to come around again but no sign of it this half of the year so least this time i can get work to cough up and pay for it, i paid last time!
    hailhail wrote: »
    i;ve failed it twice too, was waiting on the 2nd shot offer to come around again but no sign of it this half of the year so least this time i can get work to cough up and pay for it, i paid last time!

Right now there's a booster pack offer for a really good price on four retakes.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    This test is really beating me up, I got the exact same score on my 2nd attempt 559, who does that. LOL
    Deep breath! You will get it. I have been there!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Haven't we all! Wouldn't it be nice if all test were as easy and ITIL, PM and CompTIA?!

Keep at it you are getting a really good certification!
    Haven't we all! Wouldn't it be nice if all test were as easy and ITIL, PM and CompTIA?!

Keep at it you are getting a really good certification!

Oh I know, I've got hundreds of product specific certs from desktop workstations to printers, copiers, etc and the CompTIA certs and they were read a book and take a test type exams, very easy most obtained in a few days to a week. I've got a few certs from month long 8hr/day classes, but even those tests were very easy. I'm not used to failing, but I'm never giving up. I'm to stubborn.
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thats the way to go Dojiscalper. I plan on taking the exam in a month. hope you pass on your next try.
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2nd the vote for the Pluralsight videos. I used them for all 3 of my MCSA exams and they are awesome! Follow along in your lab at home. My two favorite things about them are 1) you can listen at double speed if your mind can keep up so that you can get through 20 hours of video in just 10 hours (that is 2 hours a night for 5 nights) and 2) They have an app you can offline download courses to (so you don't use all your cell data). I listened to the videos during my commute (especially the intro videos that didn't have too much follow along lab type stuff).

I haven't tried it myself but here is a way I read about to get Pluralsight free for 6 months! (although it may be 3 now.)
    https://www.troyhunt.com/get-more-awesome-pluralsight-content/

Hope this helps!

Kyrak
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator