Scripting and Programming - Foundations – C173

dbzrfldbzrfl Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need some serious help, with this course. I have watched most of the videos, and have not gained much from them.
My main problem is I have no programming background at all.

I hope I posted this in the right place.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was zero question in your post, so it would be impossible to know what your issue is. You want us to teach programming to you?

Also, I'm assuming this is something your instructor (or mentor at WGU?) should be told if your having a specific problem with a course.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dbzrfl wrote: »
    I have watched most of the videos, and have not gained much from them.

Of course you're not going to gain much from blowing through videos in regards to programming. You learn programming by actually doing it yourself and not by watching others!

Practice, practice and more practice is what you need to do...

Write and troubleshoot some scripts, setup a few VMs so some have environment to run them in ect...
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Which language do you need help with? I can throw in a couple of helpful links here.

Learn Python - Free Interactive Python Tutorial - Quick interactive tutorial site. Python isn't the only language tutorial on the site as they have other sister domains for other languages.

https://www.codecademy.com/ - Covers many languages and related technologies revolving web development.

https://www.khanacademy.org/ - Covers pretty much most of the subjects in grade schools including programming course.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    I had no programming knowledge. I just forced myself to learn PowerShell and trying it, you learn by doing. Videos are great for basic understanding of the fundamentals. But doing it will give you RL experience
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• dbzrfldbzrfl Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Python is the language. I will give the links a shot.