Entertaining certs?

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm looking at getting another cert, but doing something fun. I'm not real concerned about it being closely related to what I do (sysadm/infosec). I just want to continue learning and have fun with it.

I took the SMEFP (social media engineering and forensics) cert and had such a blast.

Something like that...where I feel like I'm having fun but learn a ton in the process...

Any ideas?

What's the most entertaining cert you have received?

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Netflix certified addict?? icon_lol.gif

I would a read a boot for entertainment to be honest rather a cert. Social Media Engineering? Never heard of that type of engineering before
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Netflix certified addict?? icon_lol.gif

I would a read a boot for entertainment to be honest rather a cert. Social Media Engineering? Never heard of that type of engineering before

Ha ha nice...

Yeah the SMEFP was actually continuing education my company paid for to renew the CISSP for a few guys.

Its a cert from UKI who collaborated with COMPTIA to offer SMSP. I met the CEO Scott and the class basically turned into a social media hacking class. We created fake accounts and grouped them together to figure out how facebooks friends algorithm worked and continued to gather some rather interesting info on targeted people. We ended it with session hijacking and a few other exploits.

What was amazing is he actually created tools specifically targeted at social media platforms to exploit data aggregation flaws that could reliably track troop movements, unit members, deployment schedules and other info based on soldiers posts, geo tagging, family and friends on multiple social media platforms.

Needless to say it caught the attention of very high ranking individuals because of the use of these technologies by ISIS.

Very cool stuff.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    That sounds amazing man!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    OSCP and then OSCE