Passed ccent 100-101

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been a long time member of this website but as of today I can say I got my first Certification. I passed my Cisco CCENT with a score of 855. I just got done having Dinner with my wife to celebrate at one of our favorite restaurants. The next thing I am going to start on is my Comptia Network PLus test and then back to do ICND 2 to get my CCNA. I want to thank eveyome here for answering those odd questions and giving me the support to keep going.

Now to enoy the evening and play some World of Warshps!

mgmguy1icon_cheers.gif
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Wow 13 years and your first cert, way to go icon_cheers.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never heard of world of warships, but congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Life got in the way, I thought I wanted to do something else and I came back to IT . I'm married to a much better person now so that helped.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Now update your signature on the left! :)
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From 784 up to 855??
    Good job!

be sure to Hang Out with your Wang Out!!

You earned it :]
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Thank you all again for the kind words. I just got my official E-mail and told to verify my address so they can send me the CCENT fulfillment kit. The link I was using did not work but I was able to access it another way and was able to verify my E-mail address and Physical address. I am looking forward to getting my certificate so I can frame it.

Fats Domino
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome man, congratulations!

You said you were going to do N+ next then ICND2? I am not sure if that's really necessary, but more power to ya man! I'm planning on starting from the ground up ; because I have literally no network exp or knowledge (outside of ipconfig / tracert / basic stuff a 7 yr old knows)
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
    I got my CCENT because I work with Cisco equipment and I wanted to be able to move up in the company and the CCENT was a requirement to do so. Having said that, I wanted to get my Comptia Network Plus certification to prove to anyone that I have the networking fundamentals down. Another Tech Exam user got me to thinking about networking fundamentals and how he got his CCENT, Network + and the Microsoft networking fundamentals certification ( Exam 98-366) to solidify and be a expert in networking fundamentals. While the 98-366 Exam may not mean much there are a few nuggets of Knowledge worth getting in my view. But Hey, We all make certification plans. I am choosing this route. Best of luck to you Trucido on getting certified.

Fats Domino
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mgmguy, you dont need Net+ to show you got the fundamentals of Networking. I suggest you do the 2nd part to get your CCNA Cert. that would show you have the fundamentals of Networking. CCNA and Network+ their pretty much the same. no need to do them both unless your company is paying for it. Good Luck to you and CONGRATS on your first Cert. you gotta start somewhere right, CCENT was my first cert too. Keep us updated.
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    alfred06 wrote: »
    Mgmguy, you dont need Net+ to show you got the fundamentals of Networking. I suggest you do the 2nd part to get your CCNA Cert. that would show you have the fundamentals of Networking. CCNA and Network+ their pretty much the same.

Yes & No.

I agree that the CCNA has more recognized 'value'.
    But i disagree that the CCNA and Net+ are similar.

i think the Network+ gives you broader exposure to Networking concepts (past & present).
    I learned about Cat 1 cabling through Cat 6a.
    I learned about Fiber Cables (SM & MM), and their various connectors.
    I learned about wifi 802.11a, b, g, n (and now ac).

Does the CCNA cover these topics in depth??

With that being said... you may NOT want to go for the Network+ certification.
    Instead, just learn the material--> google Professor Messor.
    His video course is pretty fun (if you like that kind of thing)